Support for Lady with Eggs

Alistan

My adult female leo seems to be "with-eggs" (gravid). I have had her for almost 3-months. She has not been bred, so I am not expecting baby lizards.

As a newbie, I have some questions:
1) Is there additional support needed to make the process smooth for her.
2) Any tips on removing the eggs.

Support information:
Age/Morph: Adult (best guess around 5yrs). Normal morph.
Vivarium: 75gallons. 4ft by 2ft foot print.
Substrate: Varied. Reptisoil, sandstone, slate.
Daytime temps: 90F in basking spot, 86F ambient on hot side. 75F ambient on cool side. Ambient humidity is between 25-35%.
Nighttime temps: 76F ambient on hot side. 73F ambient on cool side. Ambient humidity is 35-40%.
Humid Hide is in the middle of vivarium with 2-3inches of reptisoil for bottom. She has dug a little depression that she likes to hangout it.
Food: mealworms and roaches are the primaries. She will eat 4-7 king mealworms or 3-4 medium roaches every other day (all gut-loaded). I dust the bugs with Repashy Cal+ every other meal. I was dusting every meal, but she got little bubbles under her arm and then would refuse dusted bugs.
Water: I keep fresh water in a shallow dish for her at all times.
Lighting: I use a timer for an incandescent bulb for the daytime heat and some light. I also have an adjustable LED light bar where I can control brightness. I do have a T05 UVB lightbar, but I only use it periodically via a switch as a grow light for the live plants.
Behavior: Active. Her favorite day time spot is the humid hide.
Appetite: Voracious. She is eating more than usual and with gusto. She has turned into a velociraptor.
Poops: Normal.
Tail: Thick

I have about 9 hides, with various bottoms (soil/rock). As noted, I also have live plants.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Some leopard gecko females lay eggs that are infertile without benefit of a male. Keep feeding her as much as she wants to eat. She may lay 2 eggs every 2 weeks for awhile , , , or not. If the eggs look partly collapsed or like water balloons they're probably not fertile. If they are fertile (you'll see a red bull's eye if you hold it over a flashlight) it will need to be kept at a very steady temperature somewhere between 80-88. Do some internet research about hatching eggs.

Aliza

Alistan

Some leopard gecko females lay eggs that are infertile without benefit of a male. Keep feeding her as much as she wants to eat. She may lay 2 eggs every 2 weeks for awhile , , , or not. If the eggs look partly collapsed or like water balloons they're probably not fertile. If they are fertile (you'll see a red bull's eye if you hold it over a flashlight) it will need to be kept at a very steady temperature somewhere between 80-88. Do some internet research about hatching eggs.

Aliza
Thank you. I will stay the course and feed the little beast. I have no reason to believe that the eggs will be fertile, but I have something I can setup fairly quickly if needed. I read a number of books on gecko care that touched briefly on egg care, but more knowledge on my part is warranted.

Visit our friends