Tail Problem...

Ghostoftangerine17

ヒョウモントカゲモドキ
About your leo:
- Sex Female
- Age & Weight Unsure, a year or less
- How long have you owned your leo 5 months
- Where was he/she obtained (ex. Pet store, breeder, wild caught, friend) Reputable reptile shop

A) Health/History
- How often do you handle your leo
Maybe once every three days
- Is your leo acting any different today? If so how does he/she normally act which differs from now.
Not particularly
- Has he/she had any problems in the past, if so please describe.
No

B) Fecals
- Describe
Normal
- When was the last time he/she went
Last night I believe

C) Problem
- Please briefly describe the problem and how long it has been going on
Problem is that her tail is red after the shed she did last night and feels rough to the touch. Did she pull off the skin too soon? Doesn't seem like there's shed on it, but what if there is and that's why it's red? I don't know. Looking for people who may have had similar experiences.

Housing:
A) Enclosure
- Size 10G
- Type (ex. glass tank) Glass
- Type of substrate Paper Towel
- Hides, how many, what kind 1 cool (plastic), 1 wet (plastic), 1 warm (ceramic_
B) Heating
- Heat source UTH and non-light ceiling heater
- Cage temps (hot side, cool side) Thermometer is broken atm, but sufficient temp range
- Method of regulating heat source manual
- What are you using to measure your temps Usually digital thermometer
- Do you have any lights (describe) No
C) Cage mates
None

Describe Diet:
A) Typical diet
- What you're feeding (how often, how much) Crickets right now, was mealworms previously
- How are you feeding (hand fed, left in dish, ect) dropping into cage
B) Supplements (describe how often)
- What vitamin/minerals are you using (list brands) Dust all feeders with Mulberry Calcium/Vitamin powder (Japanese product)
- What are you gut loading food with Bread and lettuce

A19x1EXl.jpg
fPdf6YQl.jpg
WJwxo2il.jpg

Sorry about the dirtiness in the last image lol. That's where I drop in crickets and their powder rubs off a bit :oops:

pilsboy

i personaly dont think theres anything wrong with that tail... it could be a little red from her rubbing her tail to get the shed off..

Ghostoftangerine17

ヒョウモントカゲモドキ
It's a little more red in person than the picture displays :( Would I be able to tell if there's unshed skin?

Just worried about blood vessels getting constricted if there's any leftover stuff.

Visit our friends