Tangerine/Emerine Albinos

Phoenix1115

Someone told me that "it is impossible to have a tangerine albino because one is a line bred trait and one is a recessive trait."

Personally I don't see why not. They can exhibit both dominant and recessive genes and codominant and recessive genes so why not recessive and line bred? The person tried explaining by saying it's like mixing apples and oranges. And that if you have an orange albino is just that it's a pretty albino and it doesn't have the tangerine trait, even if it's parents were tangerines het for albino.

What do you all think? I personally would say this guy in a tangerine tremper!
umeqy5eg.jpg
y3umyman.jpg
a8ada8u6.jpg

rara3emy.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I don't think the person who told you that has a good understanding of genetics. Albino and tangerine are independent of each other. Albino, as was said, is a simple recessive, and tangerine is polygenetic. Each trait works indep. in its own way. I've produced many tangerine albinos.

Aliza

Phoenix1115

Thanks for the replies! That one was produced by me from a normal het tremper x pacific green het tremper pair. He obviously got mom's emerine traits so I was calling him a "Pacific green tremper," which sparked the original conversation. This is him now, and I have two eggs he sired in the incubator currently =)

DSCF0611e.jpg

Visit our friends