Too thin/Not eating enough? Should I be worried?

TheJourney

I got a juvenile leopard gecko just under a month ago. Today is the last day the store will still take him to the vet, which is why I've been putting it off. I've been trying to observe, and people keep saying he's probably fine, which he may well be, I'm just not sure. I've uploaded 3 pictures, 2 taken today, 1 taken the day I got him. The last one is the picture from the day I got him. It seems clear to me that his tail is a bit thinner than it was. He eats I would say generally 2 mealworms or 1 cricket about every day. Maybe up to 3 mealworms or 2 crickets a couple days. And that's almost every day, though he may have had a couple days of not eating. I've noticed a bit streaky liquidy poop like twice, but not usually. One time I believe I saw a bit of red like blood in his poop, And once or twice I have seen what seems like a weird whitish yellowish little thing in there. He honestly seems quite active, he moves good and everything. Seems agile, interested in things. So what do you guys think? Should I be worried? Try to get him to the vet? Any suggestions or thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I moved this to the correct section.

I would take the gecko in to the vet. It's possible that there are parasites. My young geckos eat anywhere from 10-20 mealworms at a time. Any liquid poop or blood in the stool is a big red flag to me. He needs a fecal run right away.

Visit our friends