Transporting a young leopard gecko

JeepFreak81

This weekend i am going downstate to buy a leopard gecko as long as they have one that we like. It is about a 2 hour drive and the temps outside have been quite cold here in nh. Is there anything i should do while transporting? Will just running the heater in the car to keep the car warm be enough?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

RampantReptiles

If its in a deli cup then would be a good idea to stick it in a cooler just to help keep a stable temperature. If not then just a dark box to keep the gecko more calm.
Keeping the car warm would be perfect. They can handle temperatures of 40-50F for several hours so should be fine for transporting.

GeckoDude31

I just traveled 8 hours with two of my adults in 10 degree weather. Just make sure the car is warmed up when they get in. I carry all my leos in 18 inch plastic tubs with hides they are used too. Also wrap the tub in a warm blanket to keep them warmer and dark. Worked well for me.

JeepFreak81

I just traveled 8 hours with two of my adults in 10 degree weather. Just make sure the car is warmed up when they get in. I carry all my leos in 18 inch plastic tubs with hides they are used too. Also wrap the tub in a warm blanket to keep them warmer and dark. Worked well for me.

This sounds like a good idea. I think i have a tote that i can fit one of the hides in. Thanks

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Visit our friends