TREMPER?

AMK Reptiles

hey everyone
i have a quik question....i bred Hypo Het Tremper x enigma het Tremper this morning i saw a baby hatched albino so prove the both are 100% het tremper but looking really good at the little guy he has solid red eye..

my question is..is it normal for trempers to have red eyes? ive looked everywhere and it sems that trempers eye are not red..unless is a RAPTOR.

thanks
Jay

tb144050

"RAPTOR stands for Red-eye Albino Patternless Tremper ORange. A RAPTOR is a Red-Eyed Albino gecko with an orange colored body. They were created by Ron Tremper in 2004......RAPTORs are a combination morph. They are a combination of the Eclipse morph, Patternless Stripe morph, and the Tremper Albino morph. "
^^source: RAPTOR - Leopard Gecko Wiki

------------------------------------

Sounds like you proved the "het Tremper" both parents have. Also sounds like both parents are (atleast) "het eclipse", and this hatchling was born an "eclipse". Eclipse is what causes partial or solid darkening of the eye(s)...which appears red in albinos.

Raptors are indeed Tremper albino's with eclipse eyes, but they also appear "ORange". :)

AMK Reptiles

thanks for the info..so both parents are %100 het tremper "het eclipse" in theory. so he is a temper albino eclipse
cool

tb144050

Enigma + albino = red eyed enigma

^^ do you mean "red vein" or do you mean "solid (eclipse-like)" eyes?

Do enigma's have solid eyes as part of their genetics (like some blizzards have "genetically-unrelated eclipse-looking" eyes)? I know nothing about enigmas (yet)....so I was thinking both parents passed down a recessive eclipse gene??

AMK Reptiles

Ok but it wasn't an albino x enigma it was a hypo het tremper x enigma het tremper baby came out albino with solid red eyes

tb144050

Ok but it wasn't an albino x enigma it was a hypo het tremper x enigma het tremper baby came out albino with solid red eyes

"An Enigma is a Leopard Gecko which is a dominant morph. When classifying an Enigma, there are a few common features which all Enigmas seem to have. When they hatch out, their spots tend to be blotches rather than bands. When looking at their tails, the tails are almost all white. As they grow older, the spotting increases and sometimes turns into speckles. "

^^source: Enigma - Leopard Gecko Wiki

------------------------------------

You understand already that:

1) a baby tremper albino gecko received 1 recessive "tremper gene" from each parent.

2) Like the "tremper gene", a visually "eclipse" baby received 1 recessive "eclipse gene" from each parent.

---------------------------------

The info I quoted at the top of this post explains that "enigma" is not a recessive trait (like "tremper" and "eclipse".... "Enigma" is a dominant trait, and a baby "enigma" can be produced from just 1 dominant enigma gene (from just 1 parent).

So anything bred to an Enigma can produce some enigma babies. :D

----------------------------------

About the solid eyes we were discussing above:

I was asking Treefolk if "enigmas" have randomly appearing (not genetically-planned) eclipse-looking eyes...... The blizzards have random eclipse-looking eyes (see info quoted at bottom of this post), but I don't know anything about enigmas.

I am hoping to help you find out why your baby has solid eyes. It's either:

a) random (like blizzards)
or
b) genetic (which proves both parents are atleast Het Eclipse)

===================================================
===================================================

Another trait which seems to randomly pop up with Blizzards is Snake Eyes or solid eyes. As of right now, there is nothing genetic behind the Snake Eyes or Eclipse Eyes in Blizzards. Most people have them randomly pop up.

^^source: Blizzard - Leopard Gecko Wiki

Last edited:

Treefolk

As far as I know enigma does not create solid colored eyes. I must have misunderstood the original question. I thought the question was why are the eyes red, not why are they eclipsed and red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Treefolk

After re-reading the question I see solid red eye. So yes, your geckos are het raptor or are reeeeallly minor eclipse/d to the point where you can really notice. My typhoon (my avatar) is really difficult to see his eclipsing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visit our friends