Tunnels for geckos?? Help

jakehinds

I had An idea for the flying gecko I'm getting, take a whole bunch of toilet paper rolls and tape them together then bury it in the substrate (Eco earth) so if it wants it can crawl about under ground. How does that sound? It may not use it but it sounded like a cool idea for lizards.

nnoossss

Since you dont have ur buddy yet look through some off the DIY tanks people do, taking your time with this too make it awesome rather than just taping some cardboard together will end up way better. People have done great things that are awesome check it out.

Ozymandias

Also flying geckos are arboreal so that really won't use it if its on the ground. If you do want to to use some type of tubing use PVC, you can spray paint too.

StellarExotics

Don't use toilet paper rolls, the moisture from the eco earth'll just make it soggy then it'll mould.

Use PVC or ABS pipe, you can find it at any hardware store... and it'll last you much longer. Sounds like a cool idea, but not sure about for a flying gecko... mine spent all it's time in the leaves of his set up.

cheers.

LOL Ozy... you beat me to it... almost the smae post too :)

Ozymandias

lol stellar it happens, in fact the only reason i was even on here is i was boarded at work lol usually i'm over at geckos unlimited.

jakehinds i would suggest you also pick up some cork bark tubes thay are more natural looking and really do last a long time though thay are a bit more expensive than PVC and spraypaint.

Visit our friends