Two rescues

discoverlight

Got these 2 geckos for free from a man who’s kids weren’t taking care of them.

tumblr_nrwa20uNT31qjin05o3_1280.jpg tumblr_nrwa20uNT31qjin05o1_1280.jpg

On calcium sand, no heat whatsoever, and both are pretty lethargic. The male looks like he’s never put on any sort of real weight, tail is thinning. I got all the shed off of him, some left on his toes but i’ll do that soon since i dont want his toes to fall off.

I’m giving them an olive oil treatment for a few days to try to get any calcium sand out of their system, hopefully none of them pass away.
I washed the 15gal with water and vinegar, creating hides for them and stuff slowly, first things first I have them in isolation on some heat for the first time in probably forever.

Can anybody identify the morphs for me?
And how long I should wait about his stool before I should start to worry? I gave one of my other geckos an oil/warm water/ heat treatment to poop and she did but I recon it'll be more difficult with sand ingested.

Music City Geckos

Looks to me like an albino of some kind and a hypo. Do they show signs of impact ion? If not, you shouldn't put them through a diet that could possibly cause more harm. From the picture weight wise they appear to be fine. It looks like just some stuck shed. Also, FYI the whole debate about sand substrates is blown WAY out of proportion.

DiAmoroso

I agree mostly with Music City, those geckos look generally healthy. I would put them into a normal leopard gecko habitat and leave them alone for a couple of weeks.

On another note, neither is albino. The brighter yellow one with no body or head spotting is a super hypo. The other one appears to be a wild type.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

discoverlight

Looks to me like an albino of some kind and a hypo. Do they show signs of impact ion? If not, you shouldn't put them through a diet that could possibly cause more harm. From the picture weight wise they appear to be fine. It looks like just some stuck shed. Also, FYI the whole debate about sand substrates is blown WAY out of proportion.

He threw up something tonight after I gave him some water, he's very lethargic and keeps his head down for the most part, can't walk very well, the female is fine though.

I'm scared it might be impaction so I'm waiting for some poop to know for sure, they dont seem interested in food but that's a normal stress/moving thing.
He may have a respiratory issue due to lack of heat as well, he makes weird squeeky noises with his throat or nose..
I'll make updates tomorrow and a few days after on his condition.

Visit our friends