Ummm... isn't this bad?

Karah

I saw an advertisement today, someone selling leopard geckos. They said "The female was a blood emerine het bell and the male paired with her was a giant tremper poss het eclipse." Should I say something? I'm no expert on genetics, but isn't it bad to cross different albino strains? Like the muddy waters thread is all about, I believe... Thanks..

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I always try to let people know that when I see them mixing albinos. Some don't know it's wrong, but others just don't care. I would probably mention it to them though. If they don't care, they go on the blacklist.

Karah

Need some help, I'm confused. I messaged them politely and they got kinda defensive. :p They said their male is .."giant tremper poss het eclipse, not tremper albino." They said they know the difference and I should've done more research before correcting them and that they didn't mix albinos. Can someone tell me what a "giant tremper poss het eclipse" is then? I thought trempers were an albino morph. Thank you. :)

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Generally Trempers are albino morphs. I guess it's possible that they mean they got the gecko from Ron Tremper but that's all I can figure out. You could always send a message saying something like "I have always been told that a Tremper is an albino by definition, but you say otherwise. Please educate me as to what kind of gecko can be a Tremper without being an albino."

Aliza

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
Sounds like someone who has no clue what they are doing. Are they a local breeder or someone who should know better? Tremper is an albino strain. They are either using the term wrong or (most likely) they have no clue.

Visit our friends