Update-Red Axanthic Project

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
I got this girl on import a little over a year ago. She really has some unique colors and I'm hoping to prove her genetic. I bred her last season and only produced het females, so this season I'm incubating all the eggs male and I am hoping I'll produce Red Axanthics in 2013.

Enjoy!

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
You can't name a "morph" before it's been proved out. All you have for now in an abherrant animal. And "het red axanthic" balls aren't axanthic at all, comparing the two is only going to cause confusion.

gixxer3420

You did say:

Update-Red Axanthic Project

and

I know Axanthics lack Red, I sorta compare it to the Red Axanthic Ball Python.

This can confuse people

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
How is that confusing? I state clearly in the thread it's unproven? Look at the Red Axanthic Ball Python, it's essentially an Axanthic, but the brown is more of a rust red. Same here.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
The name of a morph is coined by the person who proves it genetic and reproduces it. Any reptile morph, whiteout, het red axanthic balls, lesser platinum balls, etc, is not given an official name until it has been proven genetic. And calling an animal axanthic, expecially in fattails where there ARE actual axanthic animals, is just going to confuse people and doesn't say anything about what the animal actually is genetically, because it has not yet been proven to be a genetic trait. Any animal that looks different from a "normal" until proven to be genetically different is simply an abherrant animal.

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
I gave the project a name big deal. Pat Kline had his Olive and Giant project? And in Ball Pythons there are 3 lines of Axanthic plus the Red Axanthic and that market seems to be fine? I stated it wasn't genetic, and unproven. I see nothing wrong with giving the project a name.....

snared99

Luxurious Leopards
I gave the project a name big deal. Pat Kline had his Olive and Giant project? And in Ball Pythons there are 3 lines of Axanthic plus the Red Axanthic and that market seems to be fine? I stated it wasn't genetic, and unproven. I see nothing wrong with giving the project a name.....

I think the big deal is your coming on here saying you created hets and showing updates of the project, but you do not know for sure if they are hets or not. Saying they are hets is implying that it is a recessive trait, and in that case the name het red axanthic will really cause confusion.

Yes I do have a "Olive" and a Giant project, but i do not do regular or any updates because i do not know for sure if they are in fact genetic. And nor at any time did i say they were actual morphs, just info i share with friends.

Visit our friends