Vermiculite in moist hide?

ForTozs

I have some vermiculite I was thinking about putting in my moist hide...it seems like it would be less prone to mold than spagnum moss. Is this an OK substrate? I have heard of geckos eating it and wouldn't want that...I've heard you can cover it with a paper towel to help with this. Any thoughts? I'm looking for a cheap, sanitary and low maintainance medium, that will also work for egg laying.

roger

I have some vermiculite I was thinking about putting in my moist hide...it seems like it would be less prone to mold than spagnum moss. Is this an OK substrate? I have heard of geckos eating it and wouldn't want that...I've heard you can cover it with a paper towel to help with this. Any thoughts? I'm looking for a cheap, sanitary and low maintainance medium, that will also work for egg laying.

I have used vermiculite in all my hides.Vermiculite does not mold.It is used in potting soil to retain moisture so it does not mold.If it is in just their hides they will not eat it.I also use vermiculite for incubation

Visit our friends