very moldy...

Neill

Gecko Elements
So have a moldy egg. However its still rather large and plump. I'm only 3 weeks in tho what should i do?

robin

ouch, ok i am not touching this thread. sorry. it's not you and not that i don't want to help. i am sure many others can help you.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Wipe off the mold and let it go until it shrivels, hatches, or starts to look as if it really needs a shave.

Aliza

Neill

Gecko Elements
HAHA! like it need a shave! thats a good one. Yeah so far this season going poorly most eggs where laid while i was stuck in chile. A lor of the eggs waited to long to see an incubator

roger

ouch, ok i am not touching this thread. sorry. it's not you and not that i don't want to help. i am sure many others can help you.

I've been following a thread about the sim container.There seems to be a problem with the eggs and they are working hard at a solution.Robin is also trying to get a solution.Touchy subject right now.

Keith N

I've been following a thread about the sim container.There seems to be a problem with the eggs and they are working hard at a solution.Robin is also trying to get a solution.Touchy subject right now.

As Sarah Palin would say "You betcha" but they will come up with a solution but I will probably still hold off on getting it right away for my hova until I see stable results and testing

rubym

I used the foot powder on a moldy egg and it made it. I just wiped the mold off then sprinkled the foot powder lightly on egg.

Gregg M

Registered Member
yeah apparently foot powder does work

It also smothers eggs and prevents proper oxygen flow... Also, any chemicals will cause issues during embryo development... The eggs a permeable and along with oxygen and humdity, they will absorb everything including antifungal chemicals...

It is never a good idea to put anything on eggs during incubation including paper towels...

rubym

I dusted VERY lightly. I read to do this on the forum somewhere. Oren didnt suffer any side effects from the foot powder.....he is a healthy boy at 142 grams,lol.

roger

It also smothers eggs and prevents proper oxygen flow... Also, any chemicals will cause issues during embryo development... The eggs a permeable and along with oxygen and humdity, they will absorb everything including antifungal chemicals...

It is never a good idea to put anything on eggs during incubation including paper towels...

I agree with gregg but,If they are on the way to being mouldy you might as well try anything.Its better than letting them mould all the way.Having said that your water substrate ratio need to be right.Alot of people use way too much water.

Visit our friends