very soft eggs?? pics inside

im faster

Should Slow Down
my leos eggs..

one is super soft everywhere

the other is soft over 3/4 and h 1/4 is pretty hard.. (egg on right hard spot is the top near the the bottom of the pic where you can see 2 sharpie marks)

eggs were laid 2 days old

are they bad?

P3031945.jpg

Khrysty

Yeah, those aren't good eggs. It's possible they just weren't fertile to begin with. It wasn't your fault, though. If you really want eggs from her, find a male and breed her again. She should lay fertile ones after that

im faster

Should Slow Down
UPDATE!!!!!

one egg got moldy i tossed it.. the other is just yellow.. my gf doesnt want me to toss it yet.. just incase...

HOWEVER SHE JUST LAID A NOTHER CLUTCH

perfect white..

but still the same softness so that must be normal.. she laid within a few hours ago.. im doing the "cjeap incubator"

perlite in a plastic cup with a lid.. inside the cage.. the cage stays 79-89 degrees always.. so do you think this will be ok?

heck if they survive in the wild i think this would be fine.. ill take some pics soon

robin

well, either they are infertile OR you need to add more calcium to your females diet.

Keith N

Nothing wrong with that type of incubator heck I just switched to a hova not that long ago from the 10 gal incubator. If you are going to breed larger quantity then I would suggest going bigger in incubator size

robin

i used hovabators for years with great success. make sure and use some sorts of deli cup or rubbermaid containers and use a substrata. i prefer vermiculite however some people use perlite, coco fiber and other incubation medium.

im faster

Should Slow Down
ive read high success with both vermiculite and perlite.. perlite was the onlything i could find around here..

as for the soft eggs...

im saying there soft in like compairson to a chicken egg.. is this normal?

robin

do you leave a bowl of calcium power in there with her at all times?

ok reptiles eggs are not hard like a chicken egg. they have a leathery outside but should be firm, not squishy.

imagine a full water balloon versus one that has water in it with not so much air so its squishy.

Visit our friends