Wanna know if Im on track!

Pinky81

Hey everyone...so you all know I just got my first hatchling so bear with me as Im new and nervous! :)

So my little gal weighs 4 grams. I have her on papertowel, UTH on a rheostat under half the tub, I have a old super worm cup for the warm hide and another mealie cup on the cool side, digital probe on the floor on the hot side reads 95. little cap with water and little cap with calcium D3 powder...she is just about as calm as could be as you can see from the pics Ive posted. oh yea I also spray the whole tub twice daily its nice and moist.

I know that they don't really wanna eat till they go through their first shed and that can happen anywhere up to 7days...but how do you know?? And how do you know when to try food? I dropped some mealies in and she showed no interest...just wanna make sure Im doing things right.

How am I doing so far??? Im nervous!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Sounds good so far. She should start looking a little "frosted" by the 3rd day or so and you'll probably see little pieces of shed around. If 5 days go by and you don't notice anything like shedding, put a few mealworms in the dish and see what happens. Some of them take quite awhile to get started. Try not to worry.

Aliza

THE WHISPERER

I just keep the hide moist not the whole tub. I offer food once i see their first droppings, but with just meal worms you should be fine having them in there early. Congrats on your baby :D

Pinky81

Thanks guys!! you wait and wait and wait for them to hatch..and then wait and wait for them to eat for the first time LOL!!

Im currently uploading a gecko care video for my perspective families on youtube...plus the caresheets from here. Trying to prepare my families the best I can!!! :)

Pinky81

YAAY!!! She is shedding as I type!! and she pooped this AM!!! Hopefully she will enjoy the baby supers I got her tonight!!!!!

Visit our friends