Ways on imporivng the look of a....

Gecko Boy

Hi everyone,

Please can you help me out in South Africa we don't have the most attractive looking geckos around however, if I had to breed one tremper albino over another and incubate the eggs at a high tempreture would this imporve the looks of them?? So I would have a smaller chance of receiving chocolate trempers? Also when breeding tangerines would all parents carry good genes just when incubating the eggs the tempreture must be high in order to receive excellent colors.

Thanks,

David

robin

of course higher temps would result in lighter trempers but also many males

as far as the tangs if you have good genes in your tangs and good color whether you incubate them at a high temp or low temp will not necessarily matter on how their color turns out. i have seen female incubated eggs have much prettier babies than males, just depends LOL but i will say males to tend as a whole brighter than females. so its a yes no answer LOL

Gecko Boy

ok thanks robin, with regards to the trempers, to receive females you would incubate them at 78f for 22 days and then at 90f until they hatch. Lastly would this improve their color?

Thanks,

David

robin

tremper has a method of incubating his animals for better colors. i have never used it before, so i can not tell you any specifics on it. i think this is what you are talking about. do a search for "tremper incubation method" and if that does not get you some results i think someone will probably pop their head in this thread that know :)

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
You are correct that this is the "tremper method" of incubation. Incubate for the first 3 weeks at lower temps to lock in females(79-84F) then raise temps slowly over the next week or a so, a degree a day, until you reach 90F. Then finish off incubation at 90F. This should give you female trempers with a light coloration(I've used it, it works.)

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
For the method of incubating with raising the temp a degree a day... i agree. I have done this aswell, and it works. I have also raised it a degree every 4-5 days till i reached 90F, and gotten the same results.

Visit our friends