What is a Patternless Stripe?

Geeko Chic

I have been looking for an answer to this question and haven't found anything except a few pictures on wiki. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I think I read that it is derived by crossing two different color stripe geckos or a stripe and reverse stripe. May someone explain how to identify a patternless stripe leo (not Murphy patternless). To me it looks much like a redstripe.

mtmountainman

The patternless stripe was created from a stripe and a reverse stripe. Ron Tremper claims that by crossing those two, it unlocked the eclipse gene. Raptors are created by combining the patternless stripe, eclipse and tremper albino.

SaSobek

This is a Patternless stripe
553785_442846725750602_546468089_n.jpg

“Patternless” stripe is the result of crossing a Stripe and a Reverse Stripe together and getting a gecko that is showing both the stripe pattern and the reverse stripe pattern at the same time causing the gecko to look “patternless”.

not all of the stripe to reverse stripe crossed animals will be “patternless” stripe.

“Patternless” Stripes can have spots on their backs and will usually get them as they age. There is different degrees of how well “Patternless” Stripes look some will look totally patterless and others will have hints of pattern here and there.

I did a huge write up on eye pigment in geckos and how the pattern effects it, but the host for all the pictures went under so all the pic links were lost. I will try to get the write up redone and maybe the post could become a sticky thread.

B&B Geckos

Matt, maybe this could be the topic for one of your future videos. For me at least it is often difficult to identify the patty stripe, especially in emerine/red stripe, white and yellows. For example, in a G project w/y, the geckos may have 2 lateral red stripes with green dorsal spots, is this a partial/broken reverse stripe or is it patternless?

tibi

ah. the colour. i've been looking and 2 pictures (one s and the other rs) but could't notice the difference :)). sometimes obvious things are hard to spot :))

getgeckos

So I have a supposed patternless red stripe male that I purchased a couple years ago from a local breeder who purchased most of his breeder stock from JMG years ago. He looks much like a SHTCT and I have been told by others that he is not a patternless stripe based on pics. I'd like some of your opinions. PicsArt_1359777009306.jpg

mtmountainman

So I have a supposed patternless red stripe male that I purchased a couple years ago from a local breeder who purchased most of his breeder stock from JMG years ago. He looks much like a SHTCT and I have been told by others that he is not a patternless stripe based on pics. I'd like some of your opinions. View attachment 55932

He just looks like a SHTCT to me. Honestly, patternless stripe and shtct look a lot alike. Patternless stripe is just reverse stripe and stripe combined, shtct are just line bred for no spots.

Visit our friends