What morph would this be?

geckoguy01

Hey guys im new to this forum and im about to start breeding leopard geckos im not sure what type of morph my male is.

afosR.jpg

Last edited:

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
Please please please reconsider breeding this new to the game.
There is A LOT to learn, and we will all be willing to help you, but please don't jump into it without doing ALL the research.

Also, aspen wood chips are incredibly dangerous when used a substrate for leopard geckos. They can accidently ingest them, causing possible intestinal impaction and other internal damage.

DrCarrotTail

I agree with Katie - learn more before breeding and get that leo off of aspen ASAP! Leos shouldn't be kept on anything they can swallow. Paper towels, repticarpet or tile are good choices.

Its not the best idea to breed geckos of unknown genetic backgrounds. If you want to breed its better to start off with quality animals from good breeders. Yours looks like a Hypo Tangerine Carrot Tail but may have hidden genes in its background that you can't know about. Learn as much as you can about leo husbandry and how different genes interact before putting males in with females. Also - that guy is WAY too young to even consider breeding until next year.

geckoguy01

I agree with Katie - learn more before breeding and get that leo off of aspen ASAP! Leos shouldn't be kept on anything they can swallow. Paper towels, repticarpet or tile are good choices.

Its not the best idea to breed geckos of unknown genetic backgrounds. If you want to breed its better to start off with quality animals from good breeders. Yours looks like a Hypo Tangerine Carrot Tail but may have hidden genes in its background that you can't know about. Learn as much as you can about leo husbandry and how different genes interact before putting males in with females. Also - that guy is WAY too young to even consider breeding until next year.

Im getting him off aspen as we speak hes been fine on it i don't feed him in his enclosure also i wasn't planning on breeding him sense i didn't know his genetic back ground i was curious of his morph. im probably gonna pickup a pair of tangs at my up coming reptile expo this wouldn't be my first reptile either i own many snakes i really just wanna jump in the leopard gecko game i thank you for the help!

Visit our friends