What morph?

Crewdog00

James Skar
I think it's just a normal but before I buy a male and female I'd like to know what I'm getting. Local pet store that doesn't know what morph. Age about Obe years old.
4ceb0983-8733-57c2.jpg

Crewdog00

James Skar
If my intention is breeding. Does it make sense to breed Mack Snow x Mack Snow
or Mack Snow x HIgh Yellow?

Thank you for the quick response. I am looking at buying two of them, male and female for $125.

SC Geckos

Mack Snow x HIgh Yellow will give you 50% Mack Snow & 50% Normals
Mack x Mack will give you 25% Mack Snow, 25% Super Snow & 25% normals
Im sure about the first pairing and pretty sure about the second. Someone will correct me if Im wrong.

gogeckos

I believe if you breed a Mack Snow x Mack Snow you will get 50% Mack Snow, 25% Super Snow, and 25% Normals.

LeopardShade

Spotted Shadow
If you don't know the morph, then I feel it's best not to breed it. In doing so, you may save yourself from a whole load of genetic surprises and messes in the offspring. That gecko, both of your geckos actually, could possibly be carrying hidden hets which could or could not manifest in the offspring.

If you are starting to get serious about breeding, then it's best to refrain from pet store geckos and instead invest in geckos from breeders, where you can inquire about the morphs of the parents, etc. and get a clear genetic background.

Visit our friends