What Size Dubia

Fencer04

Long Island Geckos
What size dubias do you guys feed your Adult Leos?

What size are your hatchlings before you start feeding them dubias?

I have my own colony going so I have a variety of sizes.

Desdemona

To be honest, I just eyeball them. Look at the space between the eyes of the gecko (I imagine it as the size of the throat) and the size of the roach. Will the roach fit through that opening? If so.. then I give them the roach. Since you can get some pretty small roaches you could probably feed some pretty young hatchlings the smallest size nymph. I have not had a hatchling myself (yet) so I'm not sure exactly how small they are as far as that space goes.

OnlineGeckos

I don't feed mine full grown adults, as the adult female dubia roaches are huge, and males have big wings and are not meaty at all. I just feed my geckos the medium sized ones that are not quite full grown adults. Eyeballing them is a good idea as geckos are not always the same size, so feed what fits your geckos.

Desdemona

What size Beardie do you have? Maybe mine would show more interest if her roaches were larger. Mine is a little girl at only 14" and I don't think she is goimg to grow much more.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

Feeder Roaches - Blaptica Dubia Roaches

Hi,
If you don't know what size to feed it's always better safe then sorry. Geckos can usually handle a bigger dubia roach but don't push it. Chances are, you will be fine especially feeding adult geckos dubia of any size but I do not recommend it. I would just feed smaller if you can, but if money is an issue then feeding too small costs more... For people on a budget or that do not want to worry about size, I recommend lobster roaches. Extremely cheap and breed like crazy. But they do climb!

For the most part, whatever size cricket you feed to your leopard geckos you can feed the same size of dubia roach.

Bearded Dragons
Blaptica Dubia Roaches

Visit our friends