What would you call these two?

lora01fl

Both of these were produced by my son using a Tangerine Tornado cross(het Tremper) and an APTOR (het eclipse).

We don't use the tornado cross for breeding anymore as more yellow than orange was being produced. But thought these babies were cute. Actually #1 is my favorite!

I know they are just crosses, but thought I'd ask.

Sibling hatchlings:

IMG_01022.jpg

IMG_00973.jpg

IMG_00942.jpg

creepereye090512.jpg

DrCarrotTail

I agree with Katie that they're probably tangs. That first one has a pretty cool stripe going down his tail and back! Maybe some bold or red stripe mixed in there?

lora01fl

Thank you Katie and Lisa.

The male was a tangerine tornado crossed with a bold bandit so there could be bold there. The female was a reverse stripe aptor. Not sure what made him breed those two but the babies all have great markings and at least we know their genetics.

The first one is my favorite because it is the first "different" one that has hatched here. My son stared yelling when he saw it..."come look mom it's different!" the other five looks just like the second one. Wavy lines and strange neck markings, one of them did get the bandit nose band also. Guess I will have to look closer at the others now :)

Lora

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The first one is a partial reverse stripe (stripe in the center of the body instead of 2 stripes on either side). I hatched my first reverse stripe by crossing 2 banded geckos, each of which had stripe in their genetic history.

The others are a nice tang color and, if there are broken bands on the body or the tail (but not both) could be called aberrant.

This season I'm crossing a bold stripe with a patternless red stripe and producing varying degrees of bold striping with really cool head patterns including the Halloween mask that has the real "eyes" - two white circles each with a black dot inside:

halloweenmask.jpg

Aliza

Visit our friends