What y'all think?

LeopardShade

Spotted Shadow
Still, you shouldn't leave that loose substrate out all over the place. I'd clean the tank as soon as possible if I were you.

Are there multiple geckos in that 10 gallon? If so, how old are they? I'm asking these questions because t's hard for me tell from the picture.

Bushido

How do you go about cleaning reptile carpet anyways? Just a regular wash, like whites in a laundry cycle?

Dimidiata

I used to do it in the sink. Then ring it out and leave it to dry, or you can throw it in the drier. Just be sure its not coming into contact with any chems, drier sheets included.

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
I wash my carpet in the sink with some bleach and leave it out to air dry.
My boyfriend (dumb), found them and put them in the washing machine.
This ruined them. Theyre all soft like blankets now. I use them for my beardie, but the geckos get caught in them when theyre so soft.

panicbess

get a few pieces of small tile and replace that carpet. It looks awful. U could really use a lot more climbs, walls hides and things in there. It looks pretty small! Too small for two gecko's..

abrahamavelar

I wash my carpet in the sink with some bleach and leave it out to air dry.
My boyfriend (dumb), found them and put them in the washing machine.
This ruined them. Theyre all soft like blankets now. I use them for my beardie, but the geckos get caught in them when theyre so soft.

so once they are soft like blankets its when they need to be replaced????

When you wash them in the sink, do you do it with laundry soap? or something else?

im wondering the same??? and if you get tile how often do you have to take it out to get it washed???

Dimidiata

why would you remove tile to wash it? You take a papper towel or maybe a small brush to it in the tank and it comes clean. I wouldnt use soap with the carpet.

abrahamavelar

ohhh ok, good to know that you dont have to remove the tile to clean the cage that makes it better cuz that way the tilw wont get cold and you wont have to wait hours for it to get warm once again!!!!

Visit our friends