When should I be introducing my female

sammer021486

This is my second year breeding and this year I am not leaving my females in with the male and am only introducing them when ovulating. But for the last two clutches one of my females has laid probable duds. I am not seeing any bulls eyes in the eggs and they candle bright yellow, I know that you are to incubate until they mold, but these eggs are not molding or stink, yet.

I am keeping track of her laying schedule and so far they have been 15 days apart for the 3 clutches that she has laid.

I am leaving the females out because I am breeding 1 male with 2 females and want to keep the eggs from the females separate.

roger

This is my second year breeding and this year I am not leaving my females in with the male and am only introducing them when ovulating. But for the last two clutches one of my females has laid probable duds. I am not seeing any bulls eyes in the eggs and they candle bright yellow, I know that you are to incubate until they mold, but these eggs are not molding or stink, yet.

I am keeping track of her laying schedule and so far they have been 15 days apart for the 3 clutches that she has laid.

I am leaving the females out because I am breeding 1 male with 2 females and want to keep the eggs from the females separate.

How long ago have they been incubating.Some of my eggs were yellow for about a week and they turned out to fertile so dont discount them.Are they white or an off white yellowish tint ?

sammer021486

Here are the eggs in question, they were laid on the 25th of Feb. They candle bright yellow. I use coco fiber as the laying medium.

25184_371451203299_505568299_3645088_1195564_n.jpg

roger

Here are the eggs in question, they were laid on the 25th of Feb. They candle bright yellow. I use coco fiber as the laying medium.

25184_371451203299_505568299_3645088_1195564_n.jpg

cant tell by the pics.If u are candling yellow since late feb chances are infertile.Where they a real white when laid or were they a whitish brownish tint?.Do not throw them out .Keep incubating.

sammer021486

The problem with determining the colour is that the coco fiber sticks to the eggs so it is hard to determine the proper colour of the eggs. But they appear to be a clean white and are nice & firm.

I see it quite frequently when people have nice white eggs, what substrate are you using to have barely anything stuck to the eggs?

Visit our friends