where do you all place your heat packs?

malt_geckos

Don't Say It's Impossible
When you ship, I know to wrap the heat pack in newspaper so it doesn't get too hot...but I can't remember where to tape the heat pack in the box.

thestack510

Rest In Peace jmlslayer
Most of the shipments I've received have had the heat packs taped to one side of the inside of the box with the Leo(s) secured a reasonable distance away, but not right up against any side of the box. The heat pack isn't kept directly next to the Leo(s), of course. Many of the Leos themselves had thick paper towels inside the deli cups with them to insulate and provide a little padding, I suppose. I haven't shipped any Leos myself, these are just my observations.

Halley

I put my heat pack on the top piece of Styrofoam wrapped in newspaper. I know heat rises up, so my hope is, is that the heat rises up, and the cannot escape the box, so it starts to make the rest of the box warm, without giving heat directly to the leos.

goReptiles

I usually put the heat pack on the side of the box wrapped in newspaper. Sometimes, though, I have used the lid, depending on the size of the box, how many geckos are in the box, and where they are placed (IE if I have a medium box- I believe 12x7x9- and there are just a few containers, sometimes the lid is better to evenly distribute the heat so that no gecko is sitting or leaning right on it.)

daniellebluetoo

gecko hoarder
I place it so there is a wad of newspaper or styrofoam between the heat pack and the deli cups,(taped in place) this way no matter how the box is placed, on it's side upside down, what ever, the geckos NEVER come in direct contact (thru the cup) with the heat/cold pack.... I don't want them to be forced to lay directly on them should the box be positioned in such a way that they have no choice......... works for me:)

Visit our friends