Which gecko is right for me?

Geckos

**** :stop:Warning I use a lot of smiles to spice up the post :stars: :stop:****

I mentioned in my previous thread, I'm in the market for a new gecko.:) Maybe you guys could help me out! :main_yes: These are my preferences, and I don't want a leopard or crested (just not a fan...don't hate on me :behead:). I'm more into the arboreal species (excluding cresties...again please no hate!) , and cave geckos. :main_yes: I'm looking for a bold display animal that tolerates handling to a small degree (not going to be handled a lot but would be nice to have one that is easier to handle for maintenance). I am going to be getting an enclosure that is 36'x18'18, long, so a larger species is preferred. :main_cool3: I read somewhere that a common misconception with arboreal species is that they need tall enclosures, when they use more vertical space to climb from branch to branch...is this true? :main_robin: I was thinking to get a trio of electric blue day geckos, a satanic leaf tailed gecko, Chinese cave gecko, any other suggestions?
:thinking2:Thanks so much everyone~ this is really helped me out! :main_thumbsup:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I haven't worked with all the geckos you mention, but most of them don't seem like they could be handled (like the leaf tail and the electric blue). Have you considered a gargoyle gecko or a leachie? With an enclosure that size you could also consider a bearded dragon, not a gecko but a very nice reptile that looks great and is fun to handle.

Aliza

Visit our friends