Which size grubco mealworms?

Russellm0704

For adult leopard geckos, which size mealworms are recommended? On the grubco site they come in medium, large, and mighty mealies. Which size do you guys select for your adults? And how much of these size do you feed daily?

OnlineGeckos

Adults can chow down mighty mealies, everything else would be too small in my opinion. Adults should really go for either mighty mealies or superworms. As for how many that depends from gecko to gecko. Most of my adults eat 1-2 super worms a day.

Wild West Reptile

Leopards AFT Ball Pythons
Make sure whatever size you get aren't the ones that have steroids in them. I stay away from anything that says "giant" or "king" or something like that. I buy regular mealworms from grubco and choose the largest size which is medium.

OnlineGeckos

I asked grubco not long ago if mighty mealies are the ones treated with growth hormones and they said no, they don't use hormones in any of their feeders. "It's all natural" is what they said.

Wild West Reptile

Leopards AFT Ball Pythons
I feed several different insects. I mostly use the mealworms for my babys and juvies but a few adults eat them too. I believe we touched on the number of mealworms to feed not long ago. Every gecko eats different amounts so it's impossible to say what yours will eat.

I feed superworms, crickets, mealworms and silkworms to all my geckos. I don't really keep track the number, I just know when they're done. If grubcos larger mealies truly are all natural and don't contain the growth hormone (I'd call and make sure) then you may want to get the larger size for adults.

Visit our friends