White lump above vent

ladytrupp

Hey all! I'm new here, sorry for making this my first post, I'm kind of in a panic since I can't seem to find a solution to my poor leo's problems. I got her about a month ago, maybe a little longer than that, for free because her original owner had no room for her and she had a growth on her underside. This is what it looked like:

2zdynh5.jpg

I took her to the vet and she underwent surgery to have it removed. Turns out, it was a wax buildup which the vet said typically occurs in males, so I really have no idea now if she's a boy or a girl, I'm still calling her a girl until I see some pores. Anyways, she was on antibiotics and everything was fine and dandy until yesterday I checked up on her and found this white lump above her vent. I was afraid it was a calcium build up or the start of another wax build up, and I can't push it out. She ends up squirming and peeing on me and don't want to stress her out. Her previous vet visit(s) costed over $400 all together and a single visit is around $60, money that I don't have right now which is why I'm seeking your help. This is what it looks like:

2hhhpwo.jpg
sxn9l0.jpg

It's the white bulge just above her vent. I know she has some urates dried onto her vent which I've cleaned up, but they tend to accumulate since her lump is still shriveling up. She's eating superworms regularly and has a dish of calcium and a dish of water always available, has good clean sheds (if you'll notice her toes still have shed on them, I've cleaned those up as well after taking the photo), I have her on paper towels in a plastic tub on heat tape along with the rest of my leos. Everybody is kept separately and are in tip top shape, but this girl has been giving me problems since I got her.

Please help! I would rather be informed on what this is and what I can do, but if its absolutely imperative that I take her to the vet again, I will.

Last edited:

DrCarrotTail

Gosh that looks pretty big. If your vet will do an email consult that would be an awesome first step. I might give her a soak in warm water (95 degrees or so) for 5-10 minutes every evening and see if it helps. If not, I think your best bet might be a vet. She also looks like she has a bit of stuck shed on her toes so the soak will help with that too. I'm not sure I would push on it much as it might be under a layer of skin or in some internal cavity and not be in a place where it can be pushed out.

Once you get it under control again she might need extra attention, like regular soaks 2-3 times a week to help keep her pores open and help keep the buildup or swelling or whatever it is down- if its possible to keep down. Good luck and let us know what happens!

ladytrupp

Oh, the big lump was already taken care of, haha. She had surgery to have it removed a few weeks ago. She's finished her antibiotics and everything is going great, she's eating regularly and pooping and the remains of the lump have gone down a lot. My main concern was the small white lump just above her vent, but its gone away too. I figure it was just some urates or something, but I'm not too concerned about it. She's happy as a lamb now and it makes me happy that she's healthy - I just wanted to let you guys know that everything is all good now. :)

Here is a more recent photo from... a couple hours ago, actually:
tumblr_mminc2bvzL1rpcxhdo7_1280.png

Thanks for your help though, everybody!

Visit our friends