*Would anyone be interested? Nd serious HELP*

fallen_angel

Fallen Angel's Geckos
I am so very sorry :eek: Unfortunately, this is a very common story that I hear from people that purchase geckos from a pet store :( Try not to beat yourself up over it, sweetie.

Kellyr

Like Jess said, it happens.. I have had 2 from petstores die on me... one baby I had for only a week and then one after raising her for year, she just passed this week.
I feel your pain, I also knew she was dying... I would just look in her eyes and cry... wishing there was more I could do.. not knowing what was wrong... wishing she wasnt in pain. I am so sorry :eek: I'm sure you did your best as we all try to do in these horrible situations.

If you do get one in the future.. I recommend buying from a known breeder.

**SEXYRACER**

Like Jess said, it happens.. I have had 2 from petstores die on me... one baby I had for only a week and then one after raising her for year, she just passed this week.
I feel your pain, I also knew she was dying... I would just look in her eyes and cry... wishing there was more I could do.. not knowing what was wrong... wishing she wasnt in pain. I am so sorry :eek: I'm sure you did your best as we all try to do in these horrible situations.

If you do get one in the future.. I recommend buying from a known breeder.

Wow thats very sad that youo raised one for a year and then lost it...:eek:...I guess it is a common thing that happens with Geckos that come from pet stores...Well I know better now and if I do get another one it will come from a known breeder...

Adinar

Well guys I'm sad to say that I lost him this morning....:bigcry:...I felt in my heart that he was dieing....I thought maybe I could try to save him but I guess I just couldn't help the little guy...I don't know if I'll try to get another one in the future...These guys seem a little tricky to take care of....I think I made a big mistake by getting a baby...:eek:

I know exactally what you are going thru, I just lost Obi this morning as well. Everyone tells you that you did what you could and all, and I know that's true, but there's always that little voice in the back of you mind saying "Well, maybe if you did it this way" or "did that" then you can't help but think that it would've solved the problem. I know in my case I can't help but think there was something that I missed, or maybe if I would've gotten him to a vet sooner, analyzed every thing I did trying to nurse him back to health, and all the other stuff that comes to mind at that time. But one thing you can say is you gave him a home, you tried your best to make things better, and in the end it makes it all worth it when you think of how things could have been if you didn't get him. He could've wasted away in the petstore, alone and miserable. You made the best of your time with him, and unfortunetally it wasn't long, but it was still better than what could've been had you not been the one to take him out of that store.

I know I'm merely rambeling right now, but I know how it feels. I've been beating myself up about it all day. :sad2:

**SEXYRACER**

I know exactally what you are going thru, I just lost Obi this morning as well. Everyone tells you that you did what you could and all, and I know that's true, but there's always that little voice in the back of you mind saying "Well, maybe if you did it this way" or "did that" then you can't help but think that it would've solved the problem. I know in my case I can't help but think there was something that I missed, or maybe if I would've gotten him to a vet sooner, analyzed every thing I did trying to nurse him back to health, and all the other stuff that comes to mind at that time. But one thing you can say is you gave him a home, you tried your best to make things better, and in the end it makes it all worth it when you think of how things could have been if you didn't get him. He could've wasted away in the petstore, alone and miserable. You made the best of your time with him, and unfortunetally it wasn't long, but it was still better than what could've been had you not been the one to take him out of that store.

I know I'm merely rambeling right now, but I know how it feels. I've been beating myself up about it all day. :sad2:
I'm sorry to hear that you lost yours too...It is very sad...How long was yours sick?...

Adinar

About a month or so. He hasn't eatten much since I got him and his brother (who also happened to stop eatting 2 days after coming home.) Same situation as yours, bought from a pet store chain. He was skinny to begin with, so didn't have much weight to spare with the not eatting.

**SEXYRACER**

About a month or so. He hasn't eatten much since I got him and his brother (who also happened to stop eatting 2 days after coming home.) Same situation as yours, bought from a pet store chain. He was skinny to begin with, so didn't have much weight to spare with the not eatting.

How is the other one doing?...I had this problem for about 3 n a half months or so....I think he was probably sick to begin with, he never really grew much....I had him since January and He pretty much stayed the same size...

Lady_Kiya

Well guys I'm sad to say that I lost him this morning....:bigcry:...I felt in my heart that he was dieing....I thought maybe I could try to save him but I guess I just couldn't help the little guy...I don't know if I'll try to get another one in the future...These guys seem a little tricky to take care of....I think I made a big mistake by getting a baby...:eek:

I am so sorry for your loss Honey. I felt the same way when I lost Kiya. I had Ares to still look after, which helped me get through it. Sometimes the gecko is ill when you get it, making it that much harder to understand. You did everything you could, and I definitely do not think you should give up on leos.

Adinar

How is the other one doing?...I had this problem for about 3 n a half months or so....I think he was probably sick to begin with, he never really grew much....I had him since January and He pretty much stayed the same size...

I haven't really seen a difference in size. To be honest, I don't think he's grown much if at all.

CSMGecko

Quality Leopard Geckos
I got him from a pet store...and actually I had bought two at the same time, they were both babies and the other one died about 3 n a half months ago...They might have been sick off the get but I think some of my actions might have led to their demise as well...all I know is that I tried my best...If I did anything wrong it was because I wasn't sure how to do it right...

So you are a breeder now?....

I am sure that it wasn't anything you did. These little guys are quite resilient if healthy and so I wouldn't beat yourself up over it. I am sure they were just sick from the pet store. :(
Yes I am a breeder now. I will have hatchlings very soon. I only go through known breeders also for all my leos.
I will be utilizing other breeders from here for future projects.:main_thumbsup:

**SEXYRACER**

I am sure that it wasn't anything you did. These little guys are quite resilient if healthy and so I wouldn't beat yourself up over it. I am sure they were just sick from the pet store. :(
Yes I am a breeder now. I will have hatchlings very soon. I only go through known breeders also for all my leos.
I will be utilizing other breeders from here for future projects.:main_thumbsup:

I'm not beating myself up over it...The more reading and looking around I do on here the more I think things just weren't right with them from the start...The main thing I regret is how I just jumped into getting them...I should have done more homework first......

I also thought about how they could get sick at the pet store before you get them...I mean I can't believe that I didn't realise that before...all of those people handling them and there's no telling what germs they have in their hands...and the people that work there more than likely don't wash their hands between handling the different animals....

I guess I got lucky with the Bearded Dragon I bought from there, and the Iguana my bf bought from another pet store....they are well and doing great....I can assure you guys that I wont be buying any more pets from pet stores....In fact Fallen_angel has a little baby gecko that I am really interested in!...:happy:

katemonsterxo

Queen of Gecko Land
p.e.t.c.o stopped selling reptiles :D maybe we could get p.e.t.s.m.a.r.t. to do the same. and all those other pet stores that claim they know so much about everything, but when you ask them a simple question about what they should be kept on, they tell you play sand from home depot. wonder why they're all sick when people get them. i wish pet stores would stop getting pets, and just start selling just pet STUFF. leave the selling pets to the breeders, people who actually know what they're doing to the poor little guys =(

Daidra

the ***** here in my area still sell reptiles and yes I wouldn't buy any reptiles from the petstore as in many cases they are loaded with parasites or have problems

Kitsune

p.e.t.c.o stopped selling reptiles :D maybe we could get p.e.t.s.m.a.r.t. to do the same. and all those other pet stores that claim they know so much about everything, but when you ask them a simple question about what they should be kept on, they tell you play sand from home depot. wonder why they're all sick when people get them. i wish pet stores would stop getting pets, and just start selling just pet STUFF. leave the selling pets to the breeders, people who actually know what they're doing to the poor little guys =(

Not every Pet Store employee is like that. -.-;

Holly12

Awww Iam so sorry to here that I know what it is like too to lose a animal I lost my one leo he was a big guy and he was doing really well but oneday he stop eating and could not understand why? the vet said he has liver diseese this was befor I had him and he was my everything and it rip my heart out this was back 5 years ago so I know I feel your pain I say a prayer for you. :(

Visit our friends