any ideas?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I think the white bands may just be related to the genetics of the particular gecko. I say this because I have 2 female breeders, a mother and her daughter, who tend to produce geckos with very light bands. The mother was sold to me as a snow blizzard and the daughter is also snow (I'm pretty sure) het blizzard het tremper. There have been a few offspring from each that have been clearly snow, but both females tend to produce hatchlings with extremely pale yellow bands to the point where I'm forced i some cases to sell the offspring as "possible snow" because I really can't tell.

Aliza

Laska

Got an idea- the one from JMG- can you get the genetics-backrounds on her parents? Im looking @ all the pics and cant come up with snow at all. I see hypo variations and thats that.

Why were you thinking Gem? Gems look completely different from your parents. If one of your parents were macks- every single baby would be mack- its codominant but the catch is if you do have Hypo which looks to be you should get:
25% Hypo het tremper-eclipse
25% Mack Snow het Tremper-eclipse
25% Mack Snow Hypo het Tremper-eclipse
25% Normal het Tremper-eclipse

Those are the odds, saying one of the parents is just a Hypo x to your Snow Raptor. Now because things are uncertain, everything could pop out Mack Snow Hypo's- which would explain the mack tails as babies-but getting the "faded" out look from the hypo gene. And the one colored would explain a Hypo-"tang" looking hatchling. This would be a case where it would be het for snow which is just weird but the genetics are still there regardless of how the baby looks. But thats what happens if you cross a Dominant to a Co-Dom. Hope that makes sense.

Another ?= why would you breed something you didnt know the genetics to? Bad idea but Im willing to help out anybody. But I gotta say something, please do not do that in the future.

The babies are cool looking and the parents are awesome, just dont like seeing no names getting bred for the sake of breeding for fun or any reason.

Last edited:

bluevapor

no luck on the background for mom.im still trying to see if she is a snow raptor.does she seem to have a lot of specks on her tail to be raptor?If one parent was a mack only half the babies would be snow not all of them.i dont know if these babies are snow or what.im just guessing on things.i metioned gem snow because the pics ive found of hypo gems kinda look like them.ive never had any gems so i have no idea.Is there ghost or maybe a sub sp. in there?The oldest one a male seems to be keeping its lavender bands well,i plan on breeding him back to his mother and a mack snow female.Remember even big name breeders make mistakes and forget to include some genetic info.anyways here is the other one that just hatched and both together.

Laska

Yeah sry I messed up what I was getting at with all mack snow thing. Your on the right track to prove them out, get a super snow you'll know what she is. As far as the male I just wouldnt use him anymore, and do what you said on testing a cpl. hatchlings to the mom and mack snow. I really dont think you have a hypo gem- where did you get the male from?

As far as big name breeders- they may miss to add a genetic het but they dont breed unknown leo's, especially because they want to know exactly what there working with-and definitely when trying to get new morphs or keeping there lines as they are.

bluevapor

aliza do you have any pics of those two females and their babies?The male i got from CL.My leo colony is small.I have the male that fathered these babies and a bell male.As for females i had eight of them, four were trempers and the other four werent albino at all.So the bell was bred to everything non albino and the other male was bred to the tremper stuff.I nolonger have the dad i traded him to a friend of mine for a redstripe possible het. radar that i made last year.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
aliza do you have any pics of those two females and their babies?The male i got from CL.My leo colony is small.I have the male that fathered these babies and a bell male.As for females i had eight of them, four were trempers and the other four werent albino at all.So the bell was bred to everything non albino and the other male was bred to the tremper stuff.I nolonger have the dad i traded him to a friend of mine for a redstripe possible het. radar that i made last year.

I'll see what I have but it won't be till next week.

Aliza

Visit our friends