Armpit Bubbles...i hate these things. Help please

prettyinpink

So Amirah has bubbles on her sides. They're HUGE. I was reading a few posts and they said they can not only be from too much calcium but too much meat. So I REALLY cut down her food, she's...what I'd like to say 'fat' for her age.

I cut her down to one super every other day. And even went every third day, and stoped dusting her food (I highly doubt it's too much calcium from dusting though). I stopped dusting awhile ago and can NOT get them to go away.

Since they're not something to be extreamly worried about and pose no threat I haven't worried, but me being me I can't help myself. I can't get them to go away! It's been like over a month now. HOW much should I cut her food down?

I can't get a pic, she won't sit still. They're very big and go all the way down to her stomach. Just the normal bubbles though, just not just in the armpit area.

Thanks guys :D

Taquiq

JK Herp
One of my females also have calcium bubbles on her arm pits but I'm not sure if it is the calcium or fat reason. I am cutting down on both to see if it will go down. From what I've read elsewhere it's where they store extra fat or calcium.

prettyinpink

I was thinking fat too but couldn't find fat anywhere...just said it's either too much meat or calcium. Would make sense if it's fat though. She loves her food :p How much do you think I should feed her? She's about 7 months.

roger

I was thinking fat too but couldn't find fat anywhere...just said it's either too much meat or calcium. Would make sense if it's fat though. She loves her food :p How much do you think I should feed her? She's about 7 months.

I think ppl know how i feel from previous posts.I wouldnt worry about her weight.There will come a time when she will go on hunger strikes and shed some weight.She is only 7 months.I dont see any reason to control her intake of food.Just my opinion

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
If the cutting down of calcium doesn't work, then its probably too much protein in her diet. I have had this liquid tested before in one of my chubby gecko, it turns out to be protein water. It will take a very long time to get rid of it. I would switch her food to crickets, as this is less "fatty" than supers and requires her to chase a bit. If your female is an adult, I'd say feeding 4-5 crix every 3 days is good.

prettyinpink

Roger, I don't normally limit food...but I want the bubbles to go away :p

Bonnie- Yea, your post was the one I figured out it was from too much meat. I'd really like her to stay on supers though. I hate crickets, and get them about once a month for my guys to have just as treats. She's about 7+ months

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
What suppliment are you using Erica? Does she have access 24/7 to a calcium dish or just what you dust?

prettyinpink

Yea she has calcium 24/7 in her cage then I dust with the d3.

I already talked to robin, she told me I don't have to take the cap out of the cage. I don't think it's dusting. I cut back on that awhile ago. Thanks though.

robin

erica one thing mealies (even though you have to feed more) are less fatty than superworms. i would leave the calcium dish in there but do not dust with regular calcium only with d3 and vitamins once a week (yeah some says a couple times a week. i prefer once a week). bonnie is right though about crickets but then next best would be mealies and then supers

prettyinpink

I only dust them once a week with the d3 :p

Could I still stick with supers just not feed as many, if so how many. I just really don't want to switch :p

You just had to give me miss piggy Robin...I sware she gives me the stink eye when she sees I'm cutting down on her supers! :p

prettyinpink

Some geckos are just prone to having these. They are harmless and sometimes will go away during the egg laying season.

That's what I was thinking. I just dont' want to be over feeding her, as in making her too fat for her own good. I mean she's still not full size and she some how got so 'fat' on me.

robin

keep on feeding her as much as she wants. she will most likely get them and then they go away and come back. supers will be fine for her. she is not too fat at all so i doubt they are fat pockets

prettyinpink

Well she looks fat to me :p

If I let her eat as much as she wants she'll eat the whole thing. What amount would you suggest feeding her. I took away the dusting, so it's either too much meat or fat pockets.
Also, should I keep dusting?

robin

i would keep the pure calcium in her enclosure BUT i would still dust once a week with her d3 and multivitamin. i would keep her bowl full and let her eat what she wants. she is still growing. she should get at least 50 grams if not larger (so she isnt fat at all :p)

prettyinpink

Okay, she'll be pleased about that. I wasn't sure if 50 grams was until she was a year old since she's still pretty small (length wise...at least looks like it to me) so I was worried.

Full bowl it is then...I'm gonna put 3-4 in there to start with. You really think it's alright for her to have as many supers as she wants, I get the big ones btw. If she's not fat...she will be soon :p

Visit our friends