Armpit Bubbles...i hate these things. Help please

robin

i generally give them as much as they want the first year. she maybe will get even bigger than 50 grams :O

she will be just fine :)

prettyinpink

Ok, thanks Robin! Just wanted to show you her lovely bubble. :p -Told you it's big!

I took some shots of her too to show ya, will be in the pic section soon. :)

prettyinpink

I said it was huge. She used to have a small one on her other side but it went away, now it's just one side. Actually now that I look at the pic...makes it look really bad.

Laney, was thinking the same :p

fl_orchidslave

My theory is that's it's the mineral buildup from calcium. Others may have different ideas tho. I have a tendency to be a heavy duster, as I found with other species. For instance, chameleons will get a white crust at their nostril openings from too much supplement dusting. So I cut him back to only dusting half his crickets. This worked like a charm. Minerals from my tap water caused the same white crust with my desert horned lizard, so I switched to distilled. When my leos develop the bubbles, I cut the dust back to every other feeding after several feeding without dust. This worked perfectly for my group. Now that they're breeding they will have it every feeding to compensate for laying eggs and going off food.

I considered bras for the girls but didn't want the boys to feel slighted :)

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
I also followed Laney's suggestion of dusting every other feeding for Eros when he developed his bubble and with in 3 weeks it was practically gone. I wonder if the gals have more of a propencity to store calcium than the boys do because of the whole egg thing.

prettyinpink

I actually tend to under dust, that's why I said I don't think it's that. And I stopped for AWHILE and they didnt' go away. So I'm almost positive it's not that...unless she decided the dish of calcium tastes good and is eating it, but I dont' see much gone...other than her stepping in it.

We can give the bras to the boys too...just tell them it's a small shirt and it's in style :p

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
I never thought Eros was eating muchof it either as I never really saw the levels go down much when he had a dish in his tank but I'd always see face prints in it. Sure enough that was what the problem was tho. Hopefully you can figure this out with a little messing around with things.

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
That doesn't look right to me, its too huge. I once talked to our vet about huge armpit bubbles, so beside calcium and protein, the 3rd candidate could be lung issues. Kinda equivalent to how human gets swollen feet when the lung is not performing 100%. That was just something that he mentioned, but we don't know if that could apply to leos.

Visit our friends