Do you see the egg?

Boa'sUnlimited

Shape Shifter
Yes, I think I see two.

Aliza

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

I am so friggen happy! I have always wanted to breed Leo's and the pairing couldn't have been better (G Project PH Tremp/Eclipse male to 2 Bold Stripe het Tremp females). Thank you so much for the confirmation :D

And I checked on her a minute ago, and it's way more noticeable now! I introduced the male on the 7th and noticed instant mating behavior, so I'm guessing she'll drop any time now?

Boa'sUnlimited

Shape Shifter
Yes, their colors sometimes change a bit with breeding.

Aliza

Ah, so I haven't been tripping out or something, good lol xD AND she was in shed as well but that couldn't explain the whole time she's been dark like that (and yet still dark after finishing her shed) so it has to be breeding related. BTW This is the girl you confirmed to be carrying 1 maybe 2 eggs in the other thread, so, makes sense I guess.

EDIT: And can you merge the "Can you see the egg?" thread with this one? I didn't even realize I posted it in the same sub-forum/that it should've been posted here in this thread. I'm out of it, running around after geckos and snakes all day can get tiring/make your head explode lol -.-

Last edited:

Boa'sUnlimited

Shape Shifter
Congrats! Take a picture of the eggs after she lays them! Good luck

Ava

Oh I will, and a little update: I can CLEARLY see the two eggs now, they're very large and I'm hoping she's close to laying them :D and one of my G Project PH Tremp/Eclipse is looking gravid as well. Both first time breeders btw.

Boa'sUnlimited

Shape Shifter
Shes at 15 days, so over 2 weeks and no eggs. I know it can go up to 5 weeks but she should be dropping them any time now right? I'm just very eager for 2 reasons: 1 - to see if she passes them okay, health and safety of already living geckos is priority, and 2 - to see if those eggs are fertile!

So I'm just dying having to wait lol.

Boa'sUnlimited

Shape Shifter
Update: Female Bold Stripe het Tremp On day 19, she's been digging and spending time in the lay box but still nothing :( and will be 1 day passed the 3rd week mark on Saturday.

Hoping she lays soon.

Boa'sUnlimited

Shape Shifter
I'm also waiting on eggs... 4 th clutch! But I need to wait at least 2 more week ��

Ah so we're in the same boat. It'll be funny if both our females drop their eggs at the same time xD

And technically, once I'm passed the 3 week mark, there could be another 2 weeks from what I've read so, that sucks :l How far along is your female? guessing around 3 weeks as well?

Boa'sUnlimited

Shape Shifter
First clutch ever, Two eggs, laid last night! I had a little party after I found them and put them in the incubator :D Pairing was male G Project PH Tremp/Eclipse to a Bold Stripe het Tremp female.

4loebn.jpg

Boa'sUnlimited

Shape Shifter
Congrats! [emoji3]Using SuperHatch as your incubation medium? That is what I'm using, also. :)

Thanks! I was so happy to find them, never been so excited. I have a real burning passion for reptiles so this is a real highlight in my life.

And yep, going the SuperHatch way as well xD and it looks dry in the pic but without the flash going off it is much much darker/obviously perfectly moist. Followed the instructions to a T and the incubator has about 5 gallons of water on the bottom to keep humidity up (it's a coolerbator lol) - also, the incubator stays within a 0.7F range, so 81.0 to 81.7F which is perfect and it only uses an aquarium heater. The catch is that room temp must always be at or above 72F or the incubator temp drops to 80.8F, which is guess is still fine but then it would be a 0.9F fluctuation. At least at a fluctuation of 0.7F there's more room for error.

So that's the setup, very cheap/DIY mode but, it seems to be working well. Monitored the egg box/incubator for the past 3 weeks and it never went beyond a 0.9F fluctuation, and I quickly figured out how to keep it at 0.7F.

cowana

Thanks! I was so happy to find them, never been so excited. I have a real burning passion for reptiles so this is a real highlight in my life.

And yep, going the SuperHatch way as well xD and it looks dry in the pic but without the flash going off it is much much darker/obviously perfectly moist. Followed the instructions to a T and the incubator has about 5 gallons of water on the bottom to keep humidity up (it's a coolerbator lol) - also, the incubator stays within a 0.7F range, so 81.0 to 81.7F which is perfect and it only uses an aquarium heater. The catch is that room temp must always be at or above 72F or the incubator temp drops to 80.8F, which is guess is still fine but then it would be a 0.9F fluctuation. At least at a fluctuation of 0.7F there's more room for error.

So that's the setup, very cheap/DIY mode but, it seems to be working well. Monitored the egg box/incubator for the past 3 weeks and it never went beyond a 0.9F fluctuation, and I quickly figured out how to keep it at 0.7F.

Eggs are always exciting! Those eggs look good also! I am excited to get my next clutch from Sunny, and first from Cheech. Cheech is being stubborn though. I think she absorbed the 1st round of eggs and now we are working on the second set.

I really like the SuperHatch so far. It has kept my humidity right and my eggs are doing well. The fact it is reusable is nice also. Kind of fitting you are using it with a DIY Incubator that has an aquarium heater, since I think it looks lik aquarium gravel. Haha

Boa'sUnlimited

Shape Shifter
Eggs are always exciting! Those eggs look good also! I am excited to get my next clutch from Sunny, and first from Cheech. Cheech is being stubborn though. I think she absorbed the 1st round of eggs and now we are working on the second set.

I really like the SuperHatch so far. It has kept my humidity right and my eggs are doing well. The fact it is reusable is nice also. Kind of fitting you are using it with a DIY Incubator that has an aquarium heater, since I think it looks lik aquarium gravel. Haha

Thanks! for first time mom(s) they look pretty good, you're right. I was excepting some water balloon feeling things but, nope lol. And hopefully your Cheech will throw a good clutch this time, then you get to have the agonizing wait for babies lol. yea the superhatch is great so far, hold humidity and the water in the cooler helps maintain it as well. And it's funny you mention aquarium gravel.. I had a 70 gallon with some medium sized predator fish, so gravel was a big part of my life.

I owned a species of Gobby that people claim is the largest in the world. It was crazy looking resting on black aquarium gravel so I always had tons of it to replace the stuff in the tank when dirty ect. I loved it, but it wasn't cheap. I forget its name now since it's been years upon years but I have pictures if you're interested. And it fought (over territory/food, never anything serious) with an Oscar that was really big, it was interesting. Because usually everything backs down to Oscars lol. Anyways, random aquarium/fish rant.

Last edited:

cowana

Thanks! for first time mom(s) they look pretty good, you're right. I was excepting some water balloon feeling things but, nope lol. And hopefully your Cheech will throw a good clutch this time, then you get to have the agonizing wait for babies lol. yea the superhatch is great so far, hold humidity and the water in the cooler helps maintain it as well. And it's funny you mention aquarium gravel.. I had a 70 gallon with some medium sized predator fish, so gravel was a big part of my life.

I owned a species of Gobby that people claim is the largest in the world. It was crazy looking resting on black aquarium gravel so I always had tons of it to replace the stuff in the tank when dirty ect. I loved it, but it wasn't cheap. I forget its name now since it's been years upon years but I have pictures if you're interested. And it fought (over territory/food, never anything serious) with an Oscar that was really big, it was interesting. Because usually everything backs down to Oscars lol. Anyways, random aquarium/fish rant.

Thanks! Sunny hasn't produced anymore eggs (which I'm grateful for... She was too young and little) but her first and only clutch was fertile. Cheech laid a fertile clutch on the 28th, and Chima on the 4th. So I have three maiden moms who are beating the odds with fertile clutches, so far. I couldn't be happier. [emoji3]

I worked at a pet store for a long time (we actually were really particular about animal care) but I spent forever and a day gravel vacuuming. Haha I still have a few tanks of my own. I always loved the Oscars and other cichlids, but goldfish are my favorite.

Visit our friends