Gecko Dreams

o0 Ryan 0o

Administrator
Staff member
I had a dream a while back about leos. I was catching some blue, green, and neon pink ones from my backyard by my neighbors shed haha.

When are we going to get some blue, green, and neon pink geckos? ...soon I hope.

bleeding_sarcasm

Rockstar
I dream about them all the time, I actually dreamed about them last night. haha

the general story was that I was a monkey, and I had all these monkey babies, and we were held hostage by these bad guys who wanted to kill the kids. the rest of the story was irrelevant, and involved my intense fear of heights.

Anyway, at some point, I go to our house, because I am supposed to be looking after the oldest girls animals, and I havent fed the cat in like a week, and I go into ther room, to find the geckos, and there are all these loose crested geckos jumping around, and I am trying to put them into boxes, but there are all these different sizes, and I dont want the little ones to be eaten, so I have to put the little ones together, and the big ones together, etc. And there were these really cute like yellow and cream pinstripes and I was all "aww, these are so cute, id love to keep them" hahah. so im putting them in this sterylite tub and closing the lid, and in the big one, is like, a big male leachie, so I am trying to find something large to fit him in.

so, i look around the room. on the wall there are 2 arboreal cages, the bigger of the 2 arboreal cages, has water and fish in it, and a sliding glass front, so I am just perplexed as to why the fish and water arent spilling out and I open it up and touch it, and its like... plastic wrap over jello] and there are cory cats swimming around.

so, the smaller arboreal cage, is set up for a gecko. The bad thing, is that both of these cages are weird dimensions, theyre like 2' x 2' x 4" deep. so I put the leachie in, and he has like an inch of room to turn around, because his belly touches one side, and his back almost touches the other, and Im like, oh well, itll have to do, better then being eaten by the cat because hes loose. The other problem, is that the cage doesnt have a front. So then I go on a quest around the house, taking glass out of picture frames so that I can lay it over the front, and prevent escape. this size is too small, this size is too big,

then the kids walk in and it goes back to the monkey part of the dream.

weird, to say the least.

Last edited:
J

Josh'sGeckoCloset

I have had a dream were they all get out of there cages. And start atacking each other. It was a horrible dream:(

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Tamara, you have a very vivid memory of your dream! I usually only remember bits and pieces of mine, but once I dreamed there was water in all my gecko's enclosures... but no fish.

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
Like a few others had mentioned, I have dreams about finding new babies in the incubator and there usually are when I get up and check. It must be some weird gecko sixth sense that we all have.

I'd had recurring nightmares about green anoles my entire life. I think having all of the geckos around has been therapeutic actually. I haven't really dreamed much about reptiles since we've had them. I still freak out when I see one of those little buggers puffing up their dewlap at me though....ugghhhhh....

Alusdra

I dream about geckos pretty frequently... usually it starts out that I have an extra one or two and I get all excited, and usually my tank is really amazing and I'm just in love with it... but then something horrible happens. Sometimes the tank turns into a fish tank, and my geckos are swimming, which sometimes seems completely natural, but sometimes I panic and am trying to get them out before the giant fish (that suddenly appeared with the water) eat them. Or I realize that the two geckos I found are only one of a very many, and that there are whole tanks that I have forgotten about and are hidden under books or behind a shelf or something and inside are geckos that are emaciated, or dead and shriveled, or being eaten alive by monster mealworms or crickets in heinously dirty cages (usually without substrate). And there are so many and all different sizes and I have to separate them, and feed them, but I run out of mealworms or the crickets escape, and there aren't enough cages... but all these geckos are looking at me piteously... and that tank that seemed so nice before is now maybe 6"x6"....

There's also a version with small rodents (mice, gerbils, hamsters, occasionally guinea pigs or rabbits) where it's the same except they are breeding like mad and the cage literally overflows with them and they spill all over my room as I'm trying to feed, clean and medicate them all...

:main_no:

O

okapi

Ive had a dream that I had a SHTCTB that was about the size of a cat. I was trying to weigh it on my gram scale but I couldnt fit it on there. Then I woke up.

Edit: spelling error

Last edited by a moderator:

Baysidegeckos

Baysidegeckos.com
I have had Dreams were i am outside and i am catching geckos that are birght red and ones that are blue and red and Purple, And that they are hidding in big dirt mounds. And that i dont have enough Racks to put them all in.

gecko breeder

i had a dream that i hatched a deformed baby that, had an eye out of its head and screemed like a dieing pig, it was wierd,

another dreame was i was breeding realy cool geckos, and hatched some good morphs. man but the first one was wierd

D

Depknight

Glad I found this thread, I thought I was alone.. hehe

Mine tend to involve either finding random unknown morphs in an underground abandoned laboratory, or finding tons of eggs in the laying boxes.. The egg dreams are the most depressing as many times I will wake up from that dream with high hopes and not find anything lol sometimes i do though, so it evens out :)

LeosForLess

k i had another one

jeremy sold me a unbeleivable tre,[er hybino at the reptile swap because it lost its tail and he hates trempers. he sold it for 13 dollars, lol i hope this one would come true

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
Ha...I just woke up from this one...

I had a dream that I checked the incubator and the Enigma container had 3 babies in it. (Wouldn't that be lucky?!) One was a Bell Enigma, and two were Super Dalmations. lol Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the Crested eggs are on the shelf directly above the incubator.

W

William

A couple days before I got my leopard gecko I dreamed that my house was full of geckos and crap like that...

There were also rainbow ponys that shot lasers from their rear ends.

EDIT: Oh yeah I also had another right before I got Gex

Some guy was selling sacks of leopard gecko food (I KNOW THEY EAT LIVE PREY AND I KNEW THEN I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THAT CAME IN THE DREAM! ) and I bought one and I accidently dropped one in the house and it burst open and a bunch of little leopard geckos that got into the food somehow started scurrying around and I had to catch them all.

Last edited by a moderator:

GeckoRing

I think I must be driving my husband insane with all the geckos. He's having dreams that he's a gecko, hunting down and eating crickets! So, now when he wakes up, I ask if he caught anything! lol, poor guy!

T

TWC

all the time, sometimes i even dream about one that died on me a long time ago. some are very bad, when i dont take care of them and they get so skinny, and no matter how hard i try, i cant get them better. and some i just look, and some really cool looking ones are in the tank, and i think "cool, how did i get those?" but i worry a lot about them, so my dreams are usually bad about them.

T

TWC

GeckoRing said:
I think I must be driving my husband insane with all the geckos. He's having dreams that he's a gecko, hunting down and eating crickets! So, now when he wakes up, I ask if he caught anything! lol, poor guy!
or maybe he is just a gecko dreaming he is a man;)

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Actually, I had a pretty good 'gecko dream' the other night! Here in California, we have an annual frog jump contest in Calaveras. Well, I had a similar dream we where having a gecko relay race where we had to run with our geckos and hand them off to the next person in the leg of the race. There were lots of people there, and lots of cool geckos for trade if a contestant lost. People were losing on purpose to trade geckos. Weird.

T

The Sunset Gang

Let's begin with the fact that when I had anoles I dreamed they got out and laid on me and grew bigger than me and ate me. So, I found a new owner for them, it was truly petrifying. But now with the geckos, my dreams are totally crazy. I first dream all my animals get out, so I wake up almost every night and check on on all seven of them. I sometimes dream that my male and female amazingly get in the same tank and bred and my female dies because she isn't ready to be bred. So, I constantly check to make sure there is one gecko per tank. I don't know why I have these dreams, but I like to think it is a sign of me being a wonderful owner. HaHa.

Visit our friends