Has the format on the forum changed.. again?

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Not sure if this is the right section to post this in so please move it if it isn't, but... is it just me or has anyone else noticed the format on the forum is different?

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Aw... I liked it better with the avatars on the left insted of being like a header (the avatars wer a bit bigger that way too), and if they removed the thanks, could they have at least put the users names option back on there.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
I don't do facebook so I'd have no idea about that one, and I'm sure we will get use to it, I just don't deal well with change is all but it's nice to see that they are always looking at new ways to improve the forum :)

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Ok now under our handle it says "Dog Shrink has no status" (then an edit link) any clue what that's about?

DragonBeards

Obsessed by reptiles...
The new format is... interesting. I do like the avatars better on the side, because I can just read through the posts without having to skim through the user information every time, but I suppose I'll get used to this.

Jordan

yeh i too prefer the avatars at the side, and all the information right there next to the post.

However i think the status thing added to it was a nice touch.

I dont mind the 'thank you's' going, i didnt feel they were much use.

But ive also noticed the Multi quote button missing under posts, i quite liked that.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Yeah the trader ratings are gone... just noticed that, but the thanks are back... Personally I think the trader is a more important feature honestly. Still don't see a name slot tho... which I would really like to see back. It was nice knowing the names of those willing to post them esp. since a lot of us refer to some members by their given names rather than their screen handle and that could be cnfusing to some newer members that joined after that feature disappeared.

KelliH

OK OK I moved the postbit back to the old style for now. LOL.
I'll probably post a poll to see what everyone prefers. Also, can you guys not see the Trader Ratings? I could see them all along and see them now so let me know. Thanks

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
I can see itrader now. Wasn't freaking out but it was just kinda freaked out was all. I was doing my post Tribute to my dad, which took some time, understandable if you read it, and when I posted it the new format was up. I was like...wha??? I thought I screwed something up, not thinking you might have been changing things on your end... Thought I got a virus or something... duh right :D

YAY names are back up too... sweet... thank you :) I love that style in the user block if that's what it's called... think you called it something different tho.

Last edited:

KelliH

OK... don't panic but I have to change it back to the new style now, so that I can work on some templates. Let me know if there seems to be anything missing.

KelliH

Looks good, I have the new chat bar in the bottom synced with facebook. By doing that does it cause the IM to dissappear?

It does. You can still have the older IM bar, but you cannot have both toolbars. In a couple of days once I have worked out all the tweaks with this new one I will take a poll and see which one everybody prefers.

I am trying to integrate the forums into facebook a little bit, making it easier to go back and forth from GF to fb.

Visit our friends