Humid hide temperature?

Rurso01

gotcha... I bought some hides that while not the same shape, should provide the same sense of security but I will have to look into that more. Thanks for all of your insight everyone. Gives me a lot of information I didn't previously have. Always learning I guess!

cook75

I'll have to look into that bamboo. It does seem like a good hide. This is the herp hotel I was referring to that our gecko is obsessed with. I just purchased another one online so hopefully by the weeks end, she'll have an identical hide on both the warm and cool side.

http://www.amazon.com/Zilla-Den-Her...7JHW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1322270511&sr=8-5

yeah, I bought one before and my husband accidently dropped it and it cracked lol definately easy to clean. It must take a good amount of room though ha. Well if she like it that's all that counts:)

She will be more happy now with one on each side:main_yes

Last edited:

Rurso01

I really like that hide:main_thumbsup:. a petstore near me sells them, was looking to get one next week.

it truly is the best hide we've gotten, and i've bought many over the past 6 months lol. She loves to look through the windows and it covers a nice chunk of the warm side so she can move around inside and get that perfect temp. highly recommended

Rurso01

Sorry to continue this thread but since we spoke about it before, I figured I would update and get a little bit more info..

We purchased a night 50 watt black bulb and have had it on since yesterday afternoon. It has sufficiently heated the cool side surface temp to upper 70s to 81 at the most. The ambient temp using the inside glass is 75-6. We initially clamped it to a neighboring vacant tank directly next to it and were not getting much change in surface temp or ambient temp for that matter. I then placed it directly on the screen and got near perfect temperatures. She instantly became more active on the cool side and was enjoying laying on top of her coconut for quite some time.

Would it be okay to leave the light on all the time? The screen top isnt getting overly hot though the lamp dome is which is to be expected. The cord is draped over a screw placed in the wall so it would not contact the quite hot ceramic top of the dome. In order to keep these temperatures sustained, I have no other option but to leave it on which is fine, but wanted to make sure this is normal to do with the rest of the Leopard Gecko community.

Visit our friends