hummm... *dent* what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulnj

I don't want anyone to think I mean the Hova doesn't work. I used them in the early 90's a few times with snakes and got exceptable hatch rates. I also hatched over 1500 geckos in them.

Sure a datsun 240z still runs, but better options are out there.

Here's a link to enjoy everyone.
http://www.jmgreptile.com/incubating.html

robin

I don't want anyone to think I mean the Hova doesn't work. I used them in the early 90's a few times with snakes and got exceptable hatch rates. I also hatched over 1500 geckos in them.

Sure a datsun 240z still runs, but better options are out there.

Here's a link to enjoy everyone.
http://www.jmgreptile.com/incubating.html

your point being that JMG hatched out some whiteouts super zeros in the SIM but other than that he uses deli cups and with some sorta of incubation medium?

KelliH

Oh come on, no one has a problem with anyone. If this were some other product we were discussing it would be no big deal to you if someone had a different opinion about it.

paulnj

Kelli, agreed on all points. I was one of the first to test it and have gotten many emails about it from members. I have no claim in the SIM and 100% stand behind it and it's unflawed design.

Yes the moderator Gregg M who is being harrassed in my eyes is my friend. I do support him when his product is under attack . If the SIM sucked, I would be the good friend to let him know if that were the case :p

KelliH

Kelli, agreed on all points. I was one of the first to test it and have gotten many emails about it from members. I have no claim in the SIM and 100% stand behind it and it's unflawed design.

Yes the moderator Gregg M who is being harrassed in my eyes is my friend. I do support him when his product is under attack . If the SIM sucked, I would be the good friend to let him know if that were the case :p

There were some posts that crossed the line and were referring to customer service etc and those posts were deleted. All other posts have been a discussion about a product. Are you suggesting that I now make it against TOS to discuss products?

KelliH

And because this product happens to be something that a mod here is selling, should I therefore, since he is a mod, not allow any negative or constructive criticism about the product? Would that not be a little biased of me? Please help me understand what exactly you expect me to do because in this instance Gregg being a mod makes no difference, or does it?

paulnj

Negative and constructive criticism FROM USERS has led to the current findings that the hova is inadequate for use with this product. I see no reason to disallow such commentary no matter who made it or what the product is.

KelliH

Of course, and those users have a forum to make comments about their findings here. Only those that have hands on experience with a product have any true clout when posting their experiences. Those that have not used a product are simply offering opinions, which should be taken with a grain of salt. I think the members of GeckoForums are intelligent enough to know the difference between documented results of a product and opinions from people who have no experience using a product. I cannot disallow criticism of any product here because I feel if I did that #1, I would be doing a disservice to the leopard gecko community and #2 the mods and I would be pulling our hair out with all the posts we would have to delete when people have an opinion about a product.

This is the last thing I am going to say regarding site policy in this thread. I am ALWAYS open minded when it comes to these things though and if you or anyone has any suggestions or criticism I can certainly handle it and would gladly discuss it in the General Site Issues forum or via email, pm, or telephone. I hope you can appreciate how difficult it can be when personal relationships are involved in issues like this and appreciate that I do my best to remain impartial and make my decisions based on what's best for GeckoForums and not based on how I feel about someone.

robin

Negative and constructive criticism FROM USERS has led to the current findings that the hova is inadequate for use with this product. I see no reason to disallow such commentary no matter who made it or what the product is.

ok so lets say someone posts something about a product on this site and the main ingredient was sulphuric acid now while i have not used said produced i know sulphuric acid will pretty much burn though anything but glass. should i not voice my opinion on the use of this product and why?

robin

Of course, and those users have a forum to make comments about their findings here. Only those that have hands on experience with a product have any true clout when posting their experiences. Those that have not used a product are simply offering opinions, which should be taken with a grain of salt. I think the members of GeckoForums are intelligent enough to know the difference between documented results of a product and opinions from people who have no experience using a product. I cannot disallow criticism of any product here because I feel if I did that #1, I would be doing a disservice to the leopard gecko community and #2 the mods and I would be pulling our hair out with all the posts we would have to delete when people have an opinion about a product.

This is the last thing I am going to say regarding site policy in this thread. I am ALWAYS open minded when it comes to these things though and if you or anyone has any suggestions or criticism I can certainly handle it and would gladly discuss it in the General Site Issues forum or via email, pm, or telephone. I hope you can appreciate how difficult it can be when personal relationships are involved in issues like this and appreciate that I do my best to remain impartial and make my decisions based on what's best for GeckoForums and not based on how I feel about someone.

i have yet to see documented info, just photos heh

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
ok so lets say someone posts something about a product on this site and the main ingredient was sulphuric acid now while i have not used said produced i know sulphuric acid will pretty much burn though anything but glass. should i not voice my opinion on the use of this product and why?

Robin some of your questions are just becoming ridiculous.. :main_robin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visit our friends