Rebel and Fantasia movin' up...

indyana

The girls officially are out of the quarantine zone! They moved into compartments in my display cages this weekend. Eventually, I'll transition them to bioactive substrate, but the enclosures are simple paper liner for now.

Rebel (E. m. afghanicus female, Geckos Etc.)
22 months, 39.2 g

Fantasia (Bold Stripe Gem Snow female, Geckos Etc.)
18 months, 72.1 g

They are both steadily gaining weight. I had a bit of trouble getting them to pick up eating when they first arrived last fall. Rebel especially needed some extra care. Even though she's now eating on her own and acting perfectly healthy, there's something up with her shedding. She seems to shed very frequently, and about every other time, she gets a hood stuck on her head and eyes.

Going to try changing up my supplementation and give her through the year to see how she does, but if the troubles continue, I may decide to keep her as a pet only and never breed her. It's a shame because she's got this gorgeous light lemony base color that I really thought would be great to use in my Gem Snow / Afghan plans.

Supreme_Genes

The girls officially are out of the quarantine zone! They moved into compartments in my display cages this weekend. Eventually, I'll transition them to bioactive substrate, but the enclosures are simple paper liner for now.

Rebel (E. m. afghanicus female, Geckos Etc.)
22 months, 39.2 g

Fantasia (Bold Stripe Gem Snow female, Geckos Etc.)
18 months, 72.1 g

They are both steadily gaining weight. I had a bit of trouble getting them to pick up eating when they first arrived last fall. Rebel especially needed some extra care. Even though she's now eating on her own and acting perfectly healthy, there's something up with her shedding. She seems to shed very frequently, and about every other time, she gets a hood stuck on her head and eyes.

Going to try changing up my supplementation and give her through the year to see how she does, but if the troubles continue, I may decide to keep her as a pet only and never breed her. It's a shame because she's got this gorgeous light lemony base color that I really thought would be great to use in my Gem Snow / Afghan plans.
I love the I.D. card on the side of the cage!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

indyana

I got a bunch of those from Repashy Superfoods. They are static clings, so they can be moved around as cages change. Very cool, and handy for keeping track of which places are occupied. :)

Visit our friends