My hatching temperature recipe

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I've done the temp change switcheroo! And won't do it again! From my experience there were way too many tail kinks and deformities to justify a little more color. And I'd agree that nothing beats exceptional genetics!

This female hatched at 82 degrees! Paulnj owns her now. The breeding was from an A.P.T.OR from Kelli @ HISS crossed to an A.P.T.OR from Alberto @ A&M. Again there is no substitute for exceptional genetics!
A.P.T.OR 1 DAY OLD
046-7.jpg

ABOUT A MONTH OLD
057-9.jpg

I have more from them if you guys need more proof! ;)

Great example Eric!

ILoveGeckos14

I've done the temp change switcheroo! And won't do it again! From my experience there were way too many tail kinks and deformities to justify a little more color. And I'd agree that nothing beats exceptional genetics!

This female hatched at 82 degrees! Paulnj owns her now. The breeding was from an A.P.T.OR from Kelli @ HISS crossed to an A.P.T.OR from Alberto @ A&M. Again there is no substitute for exceptional genetics!
A.P.T.OR 1 DAY OLD
046-7.jpg

ABOUT A MONTH OLD
057-9.jpg

I have more from them if you guys need more proof! ;)

Ya, I think I'm going to need some more proof on this one....(so I can see more pictures :D)

newfieb

In my opinion i dont see anything wrong with raising temps to get a better looking gecko. I have been looking into this alot lately. If you guys go to ron trempers site you can read about it. Why do you think that all of his tremper albinos are the colour that they are. You take a tremper albino and incubate it at 80 degrees and you will get a chocolate albino. There is not 1 chocolate albino for sale on his site because he raises the temp after 3 weeks to get a better looking gecko. He has got the right idea i hate the look of dark brown albinos. Albinos look alot better with yellow and orange colour. Tremper has been doing it and his geckos look amazing but hey every one has their own opinion. if you dont like the idea of it there is nothing wrong with that. if you do like the idea then there is nothing wrong with that either. They are your geckos so choose what ever method "you think is right"!!"

newfieb

if you really think about it incubating for males do you consider that manipulating the colour. The higher temp. is going to produce a brighter gecko. You would have to turn down the incubator after 3 weeks to 80 degrees to get "normal" colored geckos. Just something to think about. another reason why i dont think there is anything wrong with it

Visit our friends