Problem with our breeder male and new female?

BrightReptiles

Badhabits727
well if you breed, remember they are all bell related. that means no crossing raptors into them. radar is bell, raptor is tremper.

So each of our current three are "radar/bell related". What would be the issue with crossing "trempor/raptors"? No flaming, this is something I am legitimately interested in learning.

Last edited:

Thorgecko707

THORGECKO
Just don't cross albino strains. Any breeder that does that loses credibility. That's breeding 101. Find out their hets if they have any. That's another reason why craigslist geckos are a gamble. Cull all double hets.

sunshinegeckos

only crossing albino strains (rainwater, tremper or bell) but with geckos that you dont know exactly what they are (they could be het for an albino strain but not showing as albino) you run the risk of mixing albino strains. There is a sticky called muddy waters. It gives good info on this subject

NinjaDuo

I hope you honestly don't breed your geckos.... This is unbelievably ridiculous..... You have 0 experience..... Why o why do people not listen

M_surinamensis

Shillelagh Law
Why o why do people not listen

Because they don't know enough to know just how much they don't know.

The more we learn, the better able we are to define not just what we know, but also what we do not know. We get a clearer picture of the shape and scope of all related knowledge on a subject as we learn more about it, we may not immediately follow that up with all the answers, but at least we can start to recognize the things we're unsure of. As people are just starting out, when they are in a state where they do not know much, they are unaware of the shape of their own ignorance, they are not well equipped to define the things they do not know- or in some cases to even recognize that those areas exist. Consequentially, they also have difficulty identifying the people who know more than they do (or who have greater knowledge in different areas) because they just don't understand how much there is to know.

fl_orchidslave

Exactly. They don't know what they don't know because they just flat out don't know. But when they think they know and don't really know, they fail to listen and learn.

Then there's the other thing- ego. They want to think they know, but in reality, don't know, and refuse to listen.

NinjaDuo

Because they don't know enough to know just how much they don't know.

The more we learn, the better able we are to define not just what we know, but also what we do not know. We get a clearer picture of the shape and scope of all related knowledge on a subject as we learn more about it, we may not immediately follow that up with all the answers, but at least we can start to recognize the things we're unsure of. As people are just starting out, when they are in a state where they do not know much, they are unaware of the shape of their own ignorance, they are not well equipped to define the things they do not know- or in some cases to even recognize that those areas exist. Consequentially, they also have difficulty identifying the people who know more than they do (or who have greater knowledge in different areas) because they just don't understand how much there is to know.

And by all means I don't know much. I think I rushed breeding also. But I waited a good year and a half before I was able to afford/have SOME knowledge.
But being on a forum with so many knowledgable people..... I don't understand why few listen. I can't wrap my head around people who (I guess) were born with no common sense

Taquiq

JK Herp
you have to destroy them

This sounds pretty harsh. :main_yes:

But yes, if you knew a thing about morphs and genetics, you would know that crossing Albino strains is bad.

We went in there with our first female along for the ride and told them we were interested in breeding.

The shop introduced us to the idea of breeding them and it sounded like a good hobby.

First you say that you told them you were interested in breeding. Then you say they introduced you to the idea? :main_huh:

Visit our friends