Show Off Your Cages

H

Homerx

Not The cage

Just wanted to show the stand I just picked up for 29.00 cdn. It houses a 10 Gal perfectly. I only used one shelf so I turned the other into a lower cabinet to keep mealie colony/supliments etc .:)

leonut

sweet setuos guys! sorry i would have new pics sooner but i cant find the cord to import them off the camera. xD

nats

Indie's new home

Here is Indie's new home.
The male tremper jungle I got from Jason Greene.

I hope the picture works, this is the first time I have ever posted one!

the tank is a 20g long from PetStupid.
I have a Ultratherm UTH controlled by a Helix 1000, and the substrate
is Fisher Scientific absorbent underpad.

nats

Just thought I would mention.
Yes, that is a Exo Terra cave there on the right. I know, I said I did
not like them. This one is modified. I made the opening smaller using
Milliput epoxy putty (very safe and non-toxic) and painted the inside
green/black.
The other hides are my favorites, ZooMed Repti Shelters.
The one in the middle is a medium, and works great as a moist hide.
You can see some New Zealand sphagnum moss in there.
All my tanks are pretty much the exact same :main_yes:
The hood is there because this tank is in my basement where there is
very little natural light. So I have a fluorescent UVB to simulate daytime,
and it's on a timer.

nats

fOOlsgOld said:
Beautiful tank there nats. Cant wait to see it with tile in it. Have you picked any out yet?

I'm so frusterated with the tile idea I may just give up.
I cant find anything that isnt "glazed"!

I want a natural stone like finish. Like thin sheets of untreated slate or something.

I ordered a whole bunch of those little fake desert plants that Zilla makes.

If I could only find some nice pieces of stone to put in there as a substrate, it would look really cool :main_yes:

I am just toooooooo picky!!!! :main_rolleyes:

Thanks for the comment :)

fOOlsgOld

Have you tried looking at a local landscaping company? A lot of the places around here sell slate and 'stepping stones' that you may be able to use. I know you said you don't like to get it if you cant buy it off the internet but have you checked home depot?

I just got off the phone with them and was told that 'glazing' is just the process of making the stone water proof it doesn't mean that the tile is smooth as glass, there can still be some texture with it. I'm currently looking at this
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...3&productId=100279231&N=10000003+90156+527934
12 x 12 Mt Evereset Verde tile from home depot. Might want to check that out its less then $2 a tile

nats

fOOlsgOld said:
Have you tried looking at a local landscaping company? A lot of the places around here sell slate and 'stepping stones' that you may be able to use. I know you said you don't like to get it if you cant buy it off the internet but have you checked home depot?

I just got off the phone with them and was told that 'glazing' is just the process of making the stone water proof it doesn't mean that the tile is smooth as glass, there can still be some texture with it. I'm currently looking at this
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...3&productId=100279231&N=10000003+90156+527934
12 x 12 Mt Evereset Verde tile from home depot. Might want to check that out its less then $2 a tile

I couldnt even see it on their website.
It says you cant order it online. :main_no:
Most of this stuff, you need to buy like whole boxes. :main_angry:
I only want 3 stupid 12'' tiles!!!

fOOlsgOld

The link you posted was to your shopping cart and it just shows up as empty. No you can't buy them online but you can get single tiles in store for less then $2 a tile. Do a search on homedepot.com for 12 x 12 Mt Evereset Verde.

I'll stop hijacking the thread now LoL someone post pics of their set up :main_laugh:

M

MelissaDiane

Tank Set up

Here is what I just did today with my tank. I wanted to give them a little more room & use my tank to its fullest. It's a 20 gallon tank. I have two females in there now. I just hope they don't jump off the deep end.:( Sorry it turned out a little blury. I think it happened when I had to resize my photos so they could be posted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mungall

Hey :)
My main Leo set-up :D
IMG_0300.jpg

M

MelissaDiane

My Tank set up

Here is what my tank looks like. I have a 20 gallon tank & decided I needed a little more room for my two females with the hopes of adding a male some day. I added two platforms with ramps. I hope they don't decide to jump off the deep end.:shocked3:

Last edited by a moderator:

MSMD

Lake Effect Leos
nats, I got my tile at Home Depot and they had a lot of different finishes/colors that were not the smooth 'glazed' look and they were $2-$4 a tile for most of them. They had the slate, too, which I really liked, but it seemed too rough and jagged and I was worried about little gecko feet getting cut. I chose something a little less rough, but still textured and natural looking. ;) And they cut it for free. :D

nats

MSMD said:
nats, I got my tile at Home Depot and they had a lot of different finishes/colors that were not the smooth 'glazed' look and they were $2-$4 a tile for most of them. They had the slate, too, which I really liked, but it seemed too rough and jagged and I was worried about little gecko feet getting cut. I chose something a little less rough, but still textured and natural looking. ;) And they cut it for free. :D

Thanks.
It does look like I am going to have to go there in person :(
Cant find anything on the internet.

Visit our friends