Show Off Your Cages

LZRDGRL

nats said:
Thanks.
It does look like I am going to have to go there in person :(
Cant find anything on the internet.

Go to this link and order cheap samples online: http://www.buystonenow.com/

I ordered lots of differently-colored samples (pinkish, grayish, beige...), for each of my cages. They were about 4-6 bucks each (from different websites, including this one). When they arrived in the mail, I smashed them on my concrete driveway, so I wouldn't have nice squares but naturally-looking pieces of rock which I could glue together with silicone to make caves :D

Some of them I left "square," to put the water and food dishes on.

Chrissy

nats

LZRDGRL said:

I ordered lots of differently-colored samples (pinkish, grayish, beige...), for each of my cages. They were about 4-6 bucks each (from different websites, including this one). When they arrived in the mail, I smashed them on my concrete driveway, so I wouldn't have nice squares but naturally-looking pieces of rock which I could glue together with silicone to make caves :D

Chrissy

Hi Chrissy, and thanks loads for the info and the link.
I will check it out for sure :main_yes:

MSMD

Lake Effect Leos
LZRDGRL said:

Chrissy

Chrissy, that sounds like a neat idea, but I am having a hard time picturing it. Do you have any pics?

nats

That looks hugh Nico!
Lot of room in there I bet. Is that sand you have in there!! :(

It's interesting that folks in Europe use sand and folks in the US use paper!! LOL!!

I know no one wants to here another one of my rants about the horrors of loose sand as a substrate, so I will just shut up!! :main_rolleyes:

LZRDGRL

MSMD said:
Chrissy, that sounds like a neat idea, but I am having a hard time picturing it. Do you have any pics?
three%20little%20women%201.jpg

Ariane%20and%20Thomasina.jpg

Samira%20on%20slate.jpg

new%20cage.jpg

Denghis%20new%20home.jpg

brian547

BKHerps
hey LZRDGRL did you make that cage yourself? thats really nice. if you dont mind me asking how much in materials did that cost you? and were the parts all readily available at lowes or the depot?

C

colleen

Here's a few pics of my 40 gal breeder tank. It currently houses 1.2 leos, and has 7 hides total, (2 humid hides and 5 dry hides), 2 calcium dishes, 2 feeding trays, and a water bowl. The skull is only in there during Halloween time. LOL. My animals like to celebrate the holidays too. :D

DSC06604.jpg

DSC06599.jpg

DSC06597.jpg

DSC06587.jpg

DSC05904.jpg

DSC05907.jpg

DSC05910.jpg

DSC05917.jpg

My ball python Jafar gets the pumpkins and "autumn folliage" for his:
AAA003.jpg

R

RepBex

Some updates of my 20

IMG_0534.jpg
[/IMG]

i put a new plant in over the log moist hide today

astronut1885

Spoiler of Leopard Geckos
I just jumped from a 20 L set up like this:
Geckos010.jpg

Geckos011.jpg

To my new 50gal setup, that currently looks like this:
P1050615.jpg

P1050618.jpg

P1050619.jpg

I've got a few more hides and features coming in for the 50 (elevated basking platform, repti-cave humid hide, large exo terra magnet hide, small exoterra waterfall etc...), and eventually I want to add some better cliffs into the exo-terra walls. Not sure how to do it and keep the "real" look, but I'll come up with something. Everything in there is faux except for the driftwood. The large rocks in the middle are actually 1 piece exo terra rock outcrops with a cave system in the back. My plan is to maximize the usable space in there, which means adding some levels.

Last edited:
L

laurlaur12

here is mine, it's my first time ever with a rep, so it's pretty basic. i need to find a good background to cover up my awful pink walls. whoever lived in my apartment before me painted the rooms some awful colors, and i have been to lazy/cheap to redo it.

T

tryme

laurlaur12 that looks abit to big for him he might find it hard to catch his food. Maybe it's just the pic. How old is he?

L

laurlaur12

she is only a couple of months old. It took a while for her to get used to it, but after a fw days i had her hunitng and eating crickets just fine. After about a week of having her, i started leaving a bowl of mealies in there constantly. now she has almost no interest in hunting the crickets, but i assume it's just that she is not hungry becasue of the mealies. that is something to consider though...

Visit our friends