1000 watt uth for my leo?

lovelovelove135

I know in your other post you said you had the Zilla 1000 watt temperature controller, but are you sure you have a 1000 watt heater? I have a Zoo Med that's for a 30-40 gallon terrarium and it's only 16 watts.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Yeah I really doubt there is a 1000 watt uth out there unless it's like for a zoo facility trying to heat a HUGE enclosure.

Bbugs

Animal Addict
Well with a 1000 watt uth, I assume you are going to have a leopard gecko barbecue. While I can't stop you, that's pretty weird.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Just to assume your question and provide some type of answer, depending on your substrait for a 20 long tank a mat that is 6x11 or 11x11 between 7-15 watts should be plenty to heat to the appropriate temps you need to maintain your leo. Your uth should cover no more than 1/3rd of your tanks floor surface. In my 20 long I have a 6x11 7 watt cobra heat mat and I've seen it reach 101 degrees in there when doing my testing. Granted the cobra is touted as putting out 100 *F consistantly and constantly I contribute the other degree to ambient room temps that affected the overall reading.

Does that help?

Visit our friends