10x11 UTH or 11x17 UTH for a 36x18 tank?

Phil

Hi guys! Would u put a 10x11 uth right under the hot hide or a 11x17 in a 36x18 tank? Thanks!

Phil

fl_orchidslave

Since you are in a cold winter climate region, I suggest the larger mat. It's simple enough to keep from overheating with a thermostat and would be warmer in the winter.

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
Id go with the larger size too. You want to heat up about 1/3rd of the enclosure floor.

Phil

Well 17" is more the 1/2nd of the floor.. I've bought the 10x11 finally, exo terra 16w. Give a perfect temp. 94-95f with the probe on the tiles. I just hope my girl will start to eat again..!

fl_orchidslave

If you turned the larger mat the other direction it would cover 1/3. Lights are not necessary unless it is really cold in the room or the heat pad is not sufficient. I'm not sure why you asked for opinions if you already had decided.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
I'm pretty sure this is the second thread posted about this size question. I know that I answered this on another thread.

wakeskate420

I have an 11x17 ultratherm in my 48x18 and it works great, I would suggest the same for your 36x18

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Phil

Im not too sure about the point to put the 17" long mat on the 18" side. First of all I'm pretty sure it doesnt fit with the plug on the pad and second of all I do not need heat in corners where my gecko poop. My mind wasnt set when I posted the thread but I was going to buy the pad 3-4 hours later.. Not my fault if u guys arent fast enough to anwser ;) lol! thanks anyway! =)

Phil

Phil

Oh and BTW.. when my room is at 68f (winter) the pad heat at 88f with the probe on the tile. Is it enough?

Holly12

I agree the larger mat will be much better I also live in a cold state when i had my 2 leos thats what I had. :)

Phil

Well.. too late..! Maybe I shoulda put an extra 10$ on the UTH but Im not gonna waste the 11x10 now ;)

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
Im not too sure about the point to put the 17" long mat on the 18" side. First of all I'm pretty sure it doesnt fit with the plug on the pad and second of all I do not need heat in corners where my gecko poop. My mind wasnt set when I posted the thread but I was going to buy the pad 3-4 hours later.. Not my fault if u guys arent fast enough to anwser ;) lol! thanks anyway! =)

Phil

We're not slow...youre in a different time zone than us :p. You're asking us questions when were all in bed;)

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
No 88*F is the minimum suggested heat range for a leo... 88-95 is the suggested range. By the way exo terra uth are horrid. You'll likely be replacing it in 6 mos. Also had you counsidered you could have propped your tank on some 1x1 or 2x4 pieces of wood to compensate clearance for the electrical fixture on the mat. You should do that regardless of the size of the uth so it can breathe.

Phil

Exo terra provide spacers with their UTH. 88f for the night and ~95f for the day is a very good temp imo.. Time will tell if Exo Terra uth are that bad.. but for now it seem very stable.

Phil

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
I was born in Montreal and raised 45 minutes south of Atlantic city in Wildwood. If you're goin down in the summer you should take a few hours and shoot down :)

Visit our friends