11 inch flexwatt vs 3 inch

Adinar

How much of a big difference is there when it comes to the wattage/amps used.

I still need to get our rack re-wired and can't make up my mind as to what to use. If I use the 11 inch stuff, I'll be using 8 ft worth. If I use the 3 inch, I'll be using 16 ft worth.

We're hoping by switching over to the rack (other than the obviuosness of space saving) to cut back on the electric used since we've already had an issue with the breaker tripping.

Any input would be awsome. Thanks guys!

bman123

I don't know the wattage of flex watt you'd have to google that one, it's pretty low I think but I goes by the foot. So you might actually use more watts with the smaller but longer strip of flexwatt. Hit up google and see what it says.

If I used flex watt in a rack I would run 11inch right on the back of the rack, just one or 2 strips top to bottom instead of weaving the smaller stuff thru the shelves. It's gonna depend on how many and what size th tubs are tho..

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
There are two types of three inch flexwatt, one uses 6 watts per foot and the other uses 10. 11 inch flexwatt uses 20 watts per foot. 16 feet of 6 watt/ft uses 96 watts (.85 amps), 16 feet of 10 watt/ft or 8 feet of 11 inch uses 160 watts (1.3 amps). Either way should be a significant energy savings compared to using lights.

bman123

Thanks Tony c I knew there was a differnce in the wattage I just didn't know which one was different. I don't know how your current set up but like Tony c said it would be cheaper then running multiple lights..

Visit our friends