20 gallon Long capacity??

toph427

How many of yall have 3 females in a 20 gallon?? Does it seem to be crowded or is it alright?? Just trying to get some input before I get to many geckos...Thanks

toph427

Oh ok cool thanks...Do you have separate hides for all three or what exactly did your setup include?

jermh1

I have 3f and 1M in each of my 20 longs I wouldnt go more than that, I keep 2-3 humid hides and 2 dry ones.

Daedric1

You can go as many as you want, but keep in mind a few things.

- You need enough warm, cool, and moist hides available to suit all your geckos' needs. Geckos that aren't getting what they need (because a location of interest is occupied, a hide isn't big enough, etc) can become stressed or get into conflicts.

-The more geckos you have, the greater chance there is for some of them to not get along. You really want to avoid fighting and bullying, because even sometimes females do not get along. Also, the more geckos you have, the harder it is for them to "get away" and be alone if they want to.

If it was me, I would likely go with 2 females in a 20L, but definitely no more than 3. In the future I plan on putting 3-4 females in a 40 gallon breeder. It is large enough to provide a large basking/warm spot as well as a lot of hides and open room.

Jordan

If it was me, I would likely go with 2 females in a 20L, but definitely no more than 3. In the future I plan on putting 3-4 females in a 40 gallon breeder. It is large enough to provide a large basking/warm spot as well as a lot of hides and open room.

Leopard gecko's dont need to bask...

basking is for reptiles to soak up enough energy and heat from the sun and rocks in order to have the energy to catch their food, Leo's can already catch their food.
Im not trying to argue im just letting you know as a basking spot is unneccesary.

Visit our friends