55 gallon

Russellm0704

I have a 55 gallon tank with nothing in it because I just moved my bearded dragon to a larger enclosure. It is about 12in deep, 4 feet long, 18in high. If I put a divider in the middle, the dimensions for each half will be the same or bigger as my 10 gallon. Can I do this and house 2 leo's? Or would I be better off getting 2 or 3 females and use the whole tank?
Thankyou

getgeckos

You can fit 2 to 3 females in a 55 gallon enclosure just fine. You have to make sure that you have enought hides and feeding dishes to avoid squirmishes over such things. I have 5 females in a 90 gallon enclosure with no issues. You do have to watch as some females can get a little dominant, but geckos have their own personalities and you just keep an eye out.

AmberJean86

I plan to keep 5 females in my 55 gallon, but i also have a 3d background to utilize the whole space, and actually managed 4 humid hides, and 7 other hides (mix of warm and cool). I suppose you could go either way with your tank though, just watch and make sure all the females get on ok with eachother. And be prepared if they dont.

Visit our friends