?????

F

fattailgecko15

My fat tails arnt eating enough .. do fat tails work well on baby food or is that just crested ?? ... how would u make this .. any other tips ??

M

mom2twinsplus2

How do you know they aren't eating enough? Are they not eating at all or just little? I have to say that I have worried a bit about my fat tail as well because I know some people describe these really agressive eaters and she is definitely not that but her tail is still looking quite fat to me and she does eat so I am trying not to worry but I will definitely be following this thread carefully.

FWIW, I feed small dubia nymphs to her...I leave some in a bowl in her cage pretty much all the time and she eats maybe 5-8 small (pretty much newborn roach size) nymphs every other day or so. The are all dipped in either calcium or herpivite depending on the day. I gave her a few mealworms the other day just to see if she liked those...they just sat there for a few days but she finally ate 3 out of 4.

I don't think the fruit babyfood is needed for FT but maybe a chicken one would be OK? I have no experience...I do hope your fat tails are OK though!

Alison

PS You have checked your temps and humidity, right? I have had to adjust a bit iwth the cold weather here and the humidity is a bit of an issue at all. I don't know if you use UV at all or not but that is another thing you could try for low appeitite.

Alison

BSM

no,
you said you got them about a 8 days ago if i remembered correctly, need to let them settle in and make sure temps are correct. try crickets, roaches and put a dish of meal or supers in there as well

HepCatMoe

Escaped A.I.
mom2,

it sounds like your fatty is eating plenty. she will most likely eat more come spring/summer.

gecko15,

bsm hit the nail on the head. give your guys some time to adjust. also, dont forget it is winter and they might be in brumation.

M

mom2twinsplus2

Oops...I missed that it had just been 8 days...all my lizards (except my blue tongue skink who loves his food-LOL) didn't eat for a bit after we got them till they adjusted. I definitely think everyone is eating less in winter as well.

Oh, and thanks HepCatMo for the vote on mine...glad to know she is eating about what she should. I worry...it is just who I am-LOL!

Alison

HepCatMoe

Escaped A.I.
mom2,

if you think you are a worrier, you dont know me. for a while i was worried my geckos poop didnt look right, so i basically spammed different forums requesting pics of healthy gecko poop.

people thought i was ridiculous hah!! i never did get any pics of healthy poop though...

M

mom2twinsplus2

Mine has taken to pooping on top of her humid hide (it is a tupperware container with a corner cut out of the top lid)...I'll take a picture for ya if you still want one. It looks like a small white dot to line followed but a small brown line.

Alison

F

fattailgecko15

Thanks alot everyone .. i have got some chicken baby food and keep it just incase .. i have 2 females and one male that have always lived together and i got them about a week before christmas ... (25th december) .... the male is eating i saw him eat about 4 in 10 seconds haa .. but i havent seen the femals eating and i have waved mealworms and crikets in there face but no luck .. i will just have to wait a lil while and slowly feed them some baby food ... and wait untill it warms up perhasps ...... Here is some pics of the .. the striped is my male other two are female ....

Visit our friends