6qt tub and heat mat...question

biggiy05

Determination
I have a question about using a heating mat and a 6qt tub. I need to move a leo into tub because she's not eating and we're thinking the 10g is too much for her because she is still so small. She's active but hasn't eaten in months aside from the occasional cricket or two.

Is it safe to use the heat mat sized for 10g tanks on a 6qt tub? I planned to layer the paper towels until I'm able to get the temps I need. My concern is the bottom of the tub getting too warm and warping and melting the plastic.

Thanks all!

Havik

PrototypeGex.webs.com
Use it as back heat instead of belly heat and a t stat to be safe. I would use a 15q tub instead and feed at night also do 4 crickets at a time so u can keep track of how much she's eating and good luck

biggiy05

Determination
Use it as back heat instead of belly heat and a t stat to be safe. I would use a 15q tub instead and feed at night also do 4 crickets at a time so u can keep track of how much she's eating and good luck

I have to do this asap as she's losing weight fast and this one of the only things left to do. I'm strapped for cash from being off work due to medical problems so a t stat may not be an option. I will look around but unfortunately my finances may not permit it.

I've got a low profile mealworm dish from the bean farm that I plan on filling with a few mealworms to see if she will eat that way. I'm trying to replicate her enclosure prior to her coming to me back in December and that includes the mealworm dish. I will pick up crickets if she doesn't eat in a few days.

Visit our friends