about geckos not eating...

sparkie

:dizzy2:so im new to keeping leopard geckos so please help me out here im a little concerned. I got my leopard gecko a week and a half ago...shes beautiful and if anything carrying a little more extra weight than most leopard geckos ive seen... I know they dont eat for a bit after being shipped so it should be expected but she hasn't eaten yet...hasn't gone to the bathroom but she doesnt seem especially nervous around me... ive been putting my hand in her terrarium a few minutes a day to try to get her used to me and twice shes gotten on my hand...and even climbed up my arm and played in my hair and such...which just seems odd to me...since she should hate me atm heres a picture of her so you can see shes not wasting away or anything but shes still not done growing really and its concerning me that she isnt eating while not seeming to be too traumatized
009vsu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
ps: ive tried to feed her several different things mealworms, superworms, crickets and even one waxworm

maximusx6910

hmm.. interesting... I would say b/c of winter season, but i dont think it would be COLDD in arizona. but i dont quite know. I had one that decreased in appetite. But is starting to pick up now. So she hasnt ate anything?

Latlaw

temps ok? that would be my first guess. She does look "healthy" so I wouldn't worry too much yet. Just may need to settle in a bit.

Latlaw

Maybe up your warm side a 2-3 degrees but make sure you are checking temps by thermometer probe on the floor of your tank. I tape mine down right next to the warm hide.

roger

I'm pretty sure it's just amatter of time till she gets used to her enclosure.Some of my leos would take 3-4 weeks of not eating and then all of a sudden she'll start eating

Visit our friends