acceptable size difference

nonamebob

i have a 30g female leo, but i want to get some more geckos to go in with her, the one i'm looking at is 45g, is that to big of a difference? I also like another that is 37g, would housing them together with supervision be ok?
The tank is a 120 gallon with 3 hides a gecko
All the geckos i am looking at are females
Thanks

Last edited:

Holly12

Hello there I don't see why not but I would really make sure for a while that they are not fighting over food and that they are not fighting over the hides. The 37 gram one I think you need to make sure that she is not being too domit tworads the other girls. :)

nonamebob

i have two spare 10 gallons, 1 is setup, the other needs a heat mat, with the main tank would i be okay to handle 3 girls?

fl_orchidslave

Before introducing any new animals to a community tank, they need to be quarantined for no less than 30, preferably 60 days. By then, the smaller girl will be closer to the bigger size so that potential issue will be avoided. During Q period, you will have an opportunity to not just confirm health, but also observe individual habits and personality. If there turns out to be any health concerns during Q, it will not affect your established gecko or possibly contaminate your community tank.

im faster

Should Slow Down
Before introducing any new animals to a community tank, they need to be quarantined for no less than 30, preferably 60 days. By then, the smaller girl will be closer to the bigger size so that potential issue will be avoided. During Q period, you will have an opportunity to not just confirm health, but also observe individual habits and personality. If there turns out to be any health concerns during Q, it will not affect your established gecko or possibly contaminate your community tank.

lol yeah and this"^^^

Yeah, after quarantine, you could house 4-5 geckos in a 120 gallon tank. A generally rule of thumb for most people is one gecko per 20 gallons (although some will say as low as 10), but the more room for roaming and exercising the better IMO.

nonamebob

how important is quarantine for the geckos if i got the 2 new females from a well known breeder and the current female is healthy?

Visit our friends