Ahesieve melting on tiles

Euphillia

Are they the super high quality ones? I have some of those in my tank and no melting issues. I think DogShrink did some testing and said something about it not melting until 130 degrees I believe.

Joao

v Snowflake v
Isn't it supposed to stick to the bottom? Did you just place it in there without removing the adhesive protector? The actual tiles aren't melting, right?

What are your floor temps?

RawrItsAlexander

Samantha and Alexander
Isn't it supposed to stick to the bottom? Did you just place it in there without removing the adhesive protector? The actual tiles aren't melting, right?

What are your floor temps?
I removed the adhesive protector the tiles are not melting just the sticky stuff

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
How do you know it is melting and this is why I say high end tiles only (in the over $1.75 a piece range). Are you sure it's melting and not just being warmed and spreading as it would in a regualr household application? The glue on even low end tiles wouldn't start to actually "melt" until over 110*F. Warming is completely different. I still can't get any of the product links you've PM'd me to work so could you find a way of showing me what you purchased plz?

RawrItsAlexander

Samantha and Alexander
How do you know it is melting and this is why I say high end tiles only (in the over $1.75 a piece range). Are you sure it's melting and not just being warmed and spreading as it would in a regualr household application? The glue on even low end tiles wouldn't start to actually "melt" until over 110*F. Warming is completely different. I still can't get any of the product links you've PM'd me to work so could you find a way of showing me what you purchased plz?

i can take a picture later for you. I pulled up the tile and the glue was sticking and pulling at the same time and the glue was all melted to the tank not the others that were not near the uth

Pinky81

you gotta post pics...first my question is why are you lifting the tiles if you peeled the adhesive sheet off to expose the adhesive?? Isnt that the point of adhesive to make it stick for good...and if you are peeling the tiles up of course on the warm side the glue is gonna be a little bit more "sticky" cause your warming the adhesive.

Again my question is why are you peeling up the tiles..im confused :p

RawrItsAlexander

Samantha and Alexander
you gotta post pics...first my question is why are you lifting the tiles if you peeled the adhesive sheet off to expose the adhesive?? Isnt that the point of adhesive to make it stick for good...and if you are peeling the tiles up of course on the warm side the glue is gonna be a little bit more "sticky" cause your warming the adhesive.

Again my question is why are you peeling up the tiles..im confused :p

Haha I was cleaning the bottom of my tank. Also how is fumes a good thing

Pinky81

thats your gecko on fumes LOL! LOL Stop talking in code you two!!!!

Eufilla is saying No funes = good thing

I dont know man if your bought tiles with adhesive I would say cut tiles to fit stickem down and leave them there Nothing should get under them.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
thats your gecko on fumes LOL! LOL Stop talking in code you two!!!!

Eufilla is saying No fumes = good thing

I dont know man if your bought tiles with adhesive I would say cut tiles to fit stick 'em down and leave them there Nothing should get under them.

Agree'd... BUT if you got cheap tiles, you mentioned they were under $1.00 each, which concerns me, they are cheaper all around, cheaper adhesive, cheaper vinyl composit, just cheap. IF the adhesive is truly melting and not just being warmed then I would be concerned. If it is melting when you press the tile down it would oooze between the tile seems and come to the surface. If it's just warming, then it could do like what you're seeing when you peel the tile up... kinda gooey like melted marshmallow adhearing to both the tank and the tile, but it won't oooze thru the seems when you press on the tile. All tiles are heat rated and it will say what their heat rating is on the box at lowes. It'll be hard to find it for the single sale tiles so you have to find read the box. It will have all the technical specs. The biggest giveaway is reading something like "safe to use with in floor heaters/heating systems".

Pinky81

@Kel Good point!!! "safe to use with in floor heaters!!!!" and i agree you get what you pay for cheap tiles can equal cheap dangerous glue! Im soooo good with my papertowels :p

prettyinpink

Hopefully there's no fumes or anything.

This is why I stick to slate tile, they don't stick to the tank so I can switch them out if I get bored of the color. :) And there's no sticky stuff if I wanted to remove them.

Visit our friends